Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DepSharaf Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2007, 12:24 PM
    Weight Gain
    I have gained weight after taking the deprovera shot but am no longer on it. I want to know what can I do to maintain my weight which I think looks so much better on me?
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150

Dec 27, 2007, 01:13 PM
    Have you considered talking to a nutritionist? If you are concerned about being underweight, he/she might be able to help you set up an eating plan that is right for you. A friend of mine got great results that way. She was always very underweight. After talking to a nutritionist, she realized that she really wasn't eating enough for her height and not enough of the right things. She kept some weight on by following the eating plan, and she looks great.
    Also, if you haven't already, see a doctor just to make sure that, if you are losing weight, it is not due to a medical condition. And remember that you are beautiful no matter what! Good luck!
    H-M4A1 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2007, 12:43 PM
    Not sure mate
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Dec 28, 2007, 12:53 PM
    ... H-M4A1... why would you answer NOT SURE?!

My first suggestion is... DON'T go to health stores and buy those "weight gain" formulas. It's garbage. What's important for you is to gain "healthy" weight, and not just fat.

Many people will sit here and go... YOU WANT TO GAIN WEIGHT?? YOU CAN'T GAIN WEIGHT?! But yeah. Some people's metabolism is just that ridiculous.

I would see a nutritionist, but many usually don't want to. In that case, count how many calories you are currently eating per day. You can use mypyramid.gov, calorie-counter.com, and many other sites.

Now, to gain weight, eat roughly 300 - 500 more calories a day. This doesn't mean potato chips... it means...

Olive oil, peanut butter, salad dressing, nuts, milk, cheese, etc. healthy foods that contain many "good" calories.

Don't forget to add moderate exercise, as lifting weights will give you muscle and a little bit of bulk.

Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need to gain weight 2! [ 5 Answers ]

Im 17 nealy 18, and can't seem to get past 7st 4lb, its like my maximum. Its been like this for a few years. What can I do? I'm about to get in to modelling and have been to the doctors. Help!!

Why can't I gain weight? [ 19 Answers ]

I'm 25 5'2 and 95 pounds and I want to gain weight so bad, but it feels like such a struggle to do so. When I eat a little I am 95, when I eat normal it's 95, when I eat a lot it's still 95! I've been skinny my whole life and even though I'm confident, I hate my body sometimes and isn't because I...

Weight gain [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I hardly eat more than a meal per day yet I have weight problems I take in lot of fruits as well. My parents are not obese and we do not seemingly have any obese person in my lineage.What else could account for my weight problems. I am 1.7m tall and weigh 95kg.

How to gain weight [ 2 Answers ]

My son not eating solid anything only taking liquid what can I do

View more questions Search