Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jianfish Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2005, 03:08 AM
    Grahpic problems on my GTA san andreas
    I was playing GTA fine on my computer using a nividia geforce4 5200fx grahpic card till I updated the drivers for it.

After that when I launched the game it gave me a 'cannot display video mode' error. Does anyone know how to rectify this problem. Thanks a bunch
    wzartv Posts: 402, Reputation: 21

Jul 5, 2005, 08:12 AM
    Perhaps in the next patch for San Andreas they will resolve that problem, but for now if you are using Windows XP you could do a restore point for before you updated your drivers or maybe your video card program (I'm not familiar with the video card) will let you roll back to the old drivers... otherwise San Andreas might have to be reinstalled.

Also be sure you are opening the game in the correct resolution for your screen (ex. 800x600, 1024x768, etc.)

The game is awesome but I've noticed it certainly has its gliches. Good Luck!
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 5, 2005, 08:33 AM
    wzartv is correct - you should be able to roll back the drivers to the previous ones. Head over to Device Manager (right-click on My Computer, click on Properties, select Hardware tab), find your video card in Display Adapters, right-click on it on select Properties, then select the Driver tab, click on Roll Back Driver.

Good luck.
    mike145k Posts: 123, Reputation: -1
    -

Jul 6, 2005, 12:13 AM
    Just roll back your driver to the previous one
    Just roll back your driver to the previous one
    jianfish Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2005, 05:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mike145k
    just roll back your driver to the previous one

Thanks for the help but the problem is that I can't seem to rollback to the previous drivers. There just isn't a restore point at that.

Also the new drivers is giving me problems affecting my video performance. Like watching movies. The color is very screwed.

Is using system restore the only way to rollback the drivers. If so I am in trouble.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 6, 2005, 07:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jianfish
    Is using system restore the only way to rollback the drivers. If so I am in trouble.
    Nope, read up and look at the directions in my post.
    sccrpimp101 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2008, 06:27 PM
    Hey I had this same problem and thanks for the tips but now right before it gets to the menu it turns off and an error pops up. Any help??
    xdark Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2009, 09:08 AM
    I got an other problem:
    When I play gta san andreas ingame. Outside al lot objects changes colour when I look around...
    Start with normal colour then you see more green in, after that more red,.
    Please who can help me??

I got more info if needed...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

GTA San Andreas plays in slow motion [ 25 Answers ]

Hi I have played GTA VC before I started the SA game. But it lokes like SA is playing so slow. Like it is in slow motion! Can anyone tell me how to solve this problem? It now looks like I am playing in slow motion.I have set the resolution to 800x600, turned off anti aliasing and the draw...

Big Problems [ 3 Answers ]

I have a few big problems with a new computer I purchased. I would really like to know if I can fix these problems, or if I need to return the computer.

CD RW Problems [ 7 Answers ]

I have an Advent 7003 Laptop and can't get the CD RW Writer to write. It was quite expensive (£1,500) and is only a year and a half old! I have had problems getting it to write to CD's from the beginning. I have been told by friends that I need to buy a specific kind of Blank CD, so I've...

Big problems [ 1 Answers ]

I have a few big problems with a new computer I purchased. I would really like to know if I can fix these problems, or if I need to return the computer. In the manual that came with the barebone computer, it stated that the system board only supports Celeron 300-700mhz. This computer came with...

View more questions Search