Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Heidi12 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2007, 03:48 PM
    Bayou kids show
    This is driving me crazy. I used to watch this one show when I was a kid it has these puppet like animals on it. There was a chicken and a crocodile and their house was in the water on stilts and they always had to use a boat to go anywhere. It took place on the bayou and that's all I can remember it's been driving me beyond crazy if anyone can help me I will be forever grateful.

Thanks
    Tape Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2007, 03:58 PM
    Are you thinking of "Gullah Gullah Island"?

Feb 25, 2007, 05:11 PM
    Sorry def not the show I'm thinking of it had like these puppets no humans and like a swamp monster that was always trying to steal the eggs or something like that
    StaceyMichelle Posts: 24, Reputation: 3

Mar 9, 2007, 04:23 PM
    You have no idea how long it's taken me to find someone else who remembers this programme! Unfortunately I don't have much more info than you do already, but I do know it was called Chicken Bayou. There was a chicken and an aligator, but there was also a fox who tried to eat the chicken in every episode and an egg that a chick popped out of every so often. I seem to recall a swamp monster thing being thrown into the mix at some point as well! It aired in the UK in the early nineties on Channel 4, I think, at 7am sort of time as I remember. I loved that programme, but whenever I try to talk about it to other people they look at me like I'm a proper mentalist (I am, but that's not the point!) They don't even have it registered on IMDB, which has pretty much every TV programme ever made! At least I can prove to people that I haven't just dreamt this up now - there is someone else out there who remembers it's existence!
    samanthakellie Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2007, 11:05 AM
    I remember it's existence toooo!

I think about that show all the time, and FINALLY I found out what is was called, I used to watch it all the time.

I tried looking at youtube.com for a clip or something to do with the show but the only thing that showed up that had to do with chicken was some guy making cajun chicken?

Apr 13, 2007, 12:04 PM
    Lol! I tried Googling it and the top link was to do with 'Chicken Bayou Lafourche with Andouille Tarragon Cream' - not what I was looking for exactly! I'm so glad other people remember this - I really thought I'd finally gone completely mental! I still haven't found any actual records of the shows existence though - I need it on DVD (or VHS - anything will do!)
    mila34 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2007, 02:22 PM
    Wajajaja, omg... I give up searching the name or some info of this program, because no one could tell me exactly what was the name!. I've asked a lot of people, search in Google, but nothing!! So its awesome that, a year later, someone also remember that show!

But..! I still don't know what was the name of that program! are you sure that is chicken bayou? Because I've also search it in Google and appeared that stuff of 'Chicken Bayou Lafourche with Andouille Tarragon Cream' - jajajaja...

So pleaaaaaseeee, some kind of infooo it would be very useful!.
    The show came back to my head, so now I will not give up until I find something!!

Ahh!. I don't know if I'm crazy, but I think that the alligator was called ANATOLE... im right?

Byeee

---- sorry for my english, I'm from chile! And I don't practice english so frecuently :)
    samanthakellie Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2007, 05:05 PM
    Yeah yeah yeah!

Anatole,

I remember that name!

My mom also remembers it, I had to help her remember it a bit though

It's really making me angry that I can't find any little clips of the show though,

Maybe look on eBay for dvds or vhs of them?

:confused:
    adamchan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2007, 09:39 AM
    Hi, the show was called Chicken Minute! I've spent hours searching the web for a video clip but couldn't find one, but that was definitely the name.

I remember the theme tune was awesome

"anatole is a happy alligator, he often comes to visit, he's our favourite neighbour in the bayou bayou, we're singing for you!"

If anyone finds a clip let me know

Aug 10, 2007, 11:12 AM
    I could've sworn it was called Chicken Bayou, but hearing (or rather seeing) it as Chicken Minute does ring a bell - I wish I remembered the theme tune! I know it was a classic, but even seeing the lyrics doesn't bring it back! I still haven't found it anywhere, but I'll let you know if I do!

Aug 23, 2007, 01:33 PM
    OMG!! Now you've actually given us the right title of the show I've found it on IMDb!! "Chicken Minute" (1990)

All this time I've been searching under the wrong bloody name and it was there all along! I can now sleep at night - thank you!!
    JPitts Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2008, 09:23 AM
    WOW... You know when, in the mysterious and hazey memories of you childhood you develop memories that almost become fragile myths?

And the BAM! It becomes reality again! Thank you SO much for finding the title of this show! Chicken Minute! I need to get a hold of the theme tune! It used to come on on channel 4 right after Ulysses 31!

Aaah the memories! Thanks for clarifying that I'm not crazy though, and that Chicken Minute actually exists!

I love you all
    JPitts Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2008, 09:38 AM
    Oh yeah, and here's a link to an image:

http://i6.ebayimg.com/04/c/05/b0/60/90_8.JPG

It was released on VHS back in the day
    GABALABAHUEY Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2008, 05:24 PM
    I too have been looking for the answer to this all I have come up with so far is that it was called chicken minute but am still looking for footage x I will be back

Jun 25, 2008, 01:35 PM
    I've still not found any actual footage of the show, but since my cousin drew me into Facebook, I started a Group - Why does no one else remember 'Chicken Minute'!?! | Facebook

It only has three members - including me, my aunt (who I imagine has no idea what it's all about!) and my new-found friend (who has admitted not having any idea what I'm talking about, but was loyal enough to join anyway!) The other member seems to have something to do with TV, so I might just go message him and see what he's about!

Anyway, yeah, so if anyone here is on Facebook and wants to join, please feel free! Otherwise I might have to branch the group out to other little-known kids programmes! :D

Mar 2, 2009, 04:47 PM

Oh my goodness! Thank you guys so much.. I thought I had gone nuts!

Mar 3, 2009, 09:53 AM

Hahaha - no problem! I thought I'd gone totally mental for quite some time - good to know I'm just relatively mental ;) And as for the Facebook group (forgotten I'd even posted that lol) it seems there are quite a few of us that do remember it after all (20+ members now - woo-hoo!) XD
    ejleed Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2009, 10:57 AM

I know exactly what your talking about! Ive had the same problem with finding it all over the web! It was a mother chicken,and her kids were a aligator,and a fox! I remember vividly,and the bad guy was like the king of the slop! All I remember from the theme song was Bayou! Bayooou!
    DragonArt88 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2009, 06:55 PM
    http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/chic...e_watch_thief/
    hireromu Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2009, 12:41 PM
    Found it at: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mama-gallina-y-su-pandillaChicken-Minute/92884359670 it´s in spanish, but it´s the original one with all characters

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What's the name of this old kids show? [ 5 Answers ]

Hey all! I desperately need help trying to remember this show. It had an older woman who would walk down steps into her cottage/farm and do crafts at this work bench type area. There was also a cowboy who rode in on a horse and some scenes took place in the barn. It's not Lamb Chops, but if you...

Kids TV show from the 80's (I think) [ 3 Answers ]

I really need to know the name of this one ASAP Please It was a show about a small bear (I think it was cissephere or shomething like it) who lived with his dad in a tree next to a river. They had a skimmer boat and used it to save the other animals on the river. The Crocks where the bad...

Join In (kids show) [ 1 Answers ]

Please help! This song just popped into my head containing the words JOIN IN. This is what I believe to be the title of the show and I'm pretty sure it is. Also, the melody is stuck in my head. What is driving me crazy is that I cannot figure out for the life of me what the darn show was...

80's educational kids show [ 1 Answers ]

I remember my Second Grade teacher letting the class watch an educational kids show that featured a man that wore a body suit that showed the inside of the body. He was a white male with dark curly hair I believe. The objects around his house could talk, such as his pillow and his couch. This...

Weird kids show [ 2 Answers ]

Ok there was this show I'm guessing about the early to mid 90's where the main character was a weird nerdy guy similar to pee wee herman but this guy had kindof an alfalfa thing in the front of his head and I think his mane was Ed please help I'm going freakin nuts over this

View more questions Search