Can someone tell me if there is a school that will
    Take me in or a company that will take a chance on
    Me

HELP!! :( :( :(
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 30, 2007, 09:08 AM
    Hello chasjj:

Truck driving is a perfect job for a felon. The schools don't care. All they want is your money, and I'm sure that you can get a CDL with a felony. Getting a job, however, might pose a problem. But, most truckers own their own rig, and you can too. Then, being a felon won't matter.

excon
    chasjj Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2007, 11:33 AM
    Driving truck
    I am thinking about renting a truck and working
    Driving straght trucks can I make any money at this
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2007, 12:48 PM
    Being a felon will matter if you take a load across the border. You will not be allowed in. I work for a trucking/courier service and we have felons working for us. We just do not send them across the border.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2007, 12:57 PM
    We sometimes rent trucks where I work, and yes we make money off them. The problem is to find customers with only 1 truck. Also you need to find out what small trucking companies are charging per mile and what they are getting for fuel surcharge. So that you can be competivie with your prices. If I were you I would make myself available on the weekends. That way you would be more than likely to get some good runs.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jul 30, 2007, 01:05 PM
    >Two threads merged<
    mr truck driver Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2012, 12:04 AM
    I have a felony that happen 9-17-04.I did 18 months probation that the onlything on my record.and I would like to go to truck driving school to become a good truck driver.if someone would please give me a chance to go to truck driving school please can I get some help please
    hwilburn06 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2012, 11:33 PM
    I have a class a cdl and looking for a truck driving job. Can someone help me get a job with felonies.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Freee truck driving training for felon but very clean driving record? [ 22 Answers ]

I would love to drive semi's local or cross country, but I do not have the job training or the finances for driving school. Can someone please help me ? Thank you Oscar

Truck driving schools for felons [ 2 Answers ]

Truck driving schoos for felons

Truck driving with felony [ 28 Answers ]

I am a convicted felon looking for a job in the truck driving, industry, my conviction is 6 years old, I am looking for trucking companies that are willing to hire a truck driver with a criminal past.

Truck Driving job [ 3 Answers ]

I am a felon are there any Companies that will train me and put me to work driving a truck?

Truck Driving Job [ 2 Answers ]

I have had a Dui over five years ago. When I was young I got into some trouble with drugs in high school and have to prior underage drinking charge which are over 10 years old. Is it going to be possible for me to become a truck driver ever? Will anyone hire me with my background?

View more questions Search