Paulo651 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2008, 02:18 PM
    Compressor replacement cost
    I was quoted $2,300 to replace my 3 1/2 ton A.C compressor. A Google of
    A Copeland Compressor shows a cost of $625. Is $1625 for labor & freon
    Excessive?? What is reasonable?
    rayachi Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2008, 02:28 PM
    It is a good price , go for it , don't be cheap for professional repair .
    They have to give you warranty usually 5 years on compressor , also is good to have extanded warranty from service man good luck :D :D :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cost of a 3.5 ton compressor [ 4 Answers ]

My air conditionaing unit booklet includes three different reference numbers. They are as follows: 38CKB(N), 38CMB, 38BRB Split-System Air Conditioner. Do the numbers represent the furnace, top floor unit, and bottom floor unit? If so, what number would I use to locate the unit that needs the...

Ballpark for compressor fan motor replacement [ 12 Answers ]

Hello, all. A few weeks ago the compressor fan motor on our 3 ton Trane heat pump apparently died. The unit was only 4 years old, so the part was covered by the Trane warranty. However, the labor to replace the part was not covered. (For what it's worth, the model # of the heat pump is...

Air conditioner compressor replacement [ 1 Answers ]

Is $400 reasonable for switching out a compressor and replacing freon in an 3.5 ton air conditioning unit. (compressor replaced by manufacturer). I am a single female and have no idea.

A/C Compressor Replacement [ 18 Answers ]

I know I'm going to get admonished for this but... here goes. I want to replace just the compressor unit in an older Weathertron outdoor unit. Question: can I do it myself? Yes, I'm mechanically competent but not HVAC trained. And, no I don't really care that newer units are more efficient....

How much does a 3.5 ton Carrier compressor cost? [ 2 Answers ]

My air conditioner is broken. What is the cost for a 3.5 ton Carrier compresssor with freon?

View more questions Search