Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mscamo1965 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2007, 05:22 PM
    f150 rebuild is overheating
    Hello we just rebuilt our 1995 f150 and it is overheating I have checked the water pump it works fine I have replaced the radiatior cap I have replaced the thermostat. I have burped the block to make sure there are no air gaps in there. I have pulled out the radiator and flushed it to make sure it wasent full of junk. It is still running hot. It doesn't run hot when at idol in the garage but overheats and blows all over the engine if I am on the gas or running it on the road any suggestions. Someone please help before this drives me crazy. There are all new hoses and belts Any chance one of the hoses is the wrong hose?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Feb 26, 2007, 06:33 PM
    I suspect mineral buildup, from not using distilled water, is blocking radiator passages. You will likely have to have the radiator rodded or replaced.
    itsjb5 Posts: 39, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2007, 08:30 PM
    I think headgaskets or cracked head... to much pressure into system 150 psi in cylinders just blows air into it and overheats... just because its new doesn't mean its good.
    Are headgaskets different left right?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ford f150 charging problems [ 5 Answers ]

My f150 battery smells like eggs and will not hold a charge I replaced the battery and the att. Still over charges and battery goes dead over night both are new replaced 3 times now any ideas would be great drawing a blank on this one

95 F150 AC Compressor [ 3 Answers ]

These 107 degree days took a toll on my truck's a/c compressor, got too hot and blew off the freon cap. I took the truck to a mechanic who quoted $600 to $1,000 to replace the compressor. I could see the damage to the compressor. I can buy a re-built compressor for $175 with a year warranty. ...

Ford F150 Problem [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1996 F150. When I come to a sto while driving the engine shuts off. It will restart immediately but will shut off again unless I am moving. I've had 3 different mechanics check it out but nobody can figure out the problem. The latest has said that it is most likely an electrical problem....

If Under Law why not Rebuild the temple? [ 9 Answers ]

Why do those who say they are under the Mosaic Law not follow all the stipulations like animal sacrifices given at alters, and all the other instructions given in Deteronomy and Exodus? Actually, the rebuilding of the temple would not be enough. Those rebuilding it would also have to begin...

Rebuild Compaq Tablet TC1000 [ 6 Answers ]

I am trying to rebuild my Tablet PC and have connected an external CD writer to run the QuickRestore CDs. However, I cannot boot to the CD drive, as I receive the following error "Unable to detect ATAPI IDE CD ROM DRIVE. ATAPI IDE CD-ROM device driver not loaded." and the session leaves me at the...

View more questions Search