Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SusanPol Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2008, 07:41 PM
    Air-Conditioner Compressor runs, No cool air
    Hello,
    Our Amana 8709088812 was working well. The cool air stopped but the compressor stayed on. We called a repair person and they replaced a fan. It worked for a short time and the same thing happened so they came back and replaced a second fan. They said there is a fan for intake and one for outflow. The same thing happened and they came back and replaced the capacitor. It worked fine for about one hour and the same thing is happening. The air stops, the compressor outside continues to stay on and if we turn the unit off long enough it will run for short periods and will cool beautifully. Does anyone know what could be the problem?
    Thanks,
    Susan P
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jun 20, 2008, 10:47 PM
    I have no listing for that model. Try and get the correct model for the unit that is having the problems. Also the model and brand name of your thermostat.

This is a very strange occurrence. The company that tried to repair your unit has a obligation to you to fix it correctly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Air conditioner compressor and fan [ 1 Answers ]

Checked the circuit breaker and fuses outside the disconnect. The compressor and fan still do not turn on when I turn the ac on.

Air conditioner compressor not running. [ 1 Answers ]

My air conditioner fan runs outside but the compressor does not come on. Why

Compressor on central air conditioner [ 6 Answers ]

The compressor on my central air conditioner tries to come on but won't. I hear it trying to come on. The unit is attached to a "Beat The Peak" system. Could that be causing the unit to not come on?

Air Conditioner will not cool. [ 1 Answers ]

I recently moved into a condo with central air. The air worked great when we moved in this summer, but during the month of November it cooled off, so we turned off the AC. During that time a maintenance guy came by to replace the fluid or something (I'm sorry I can't remember what it was he was...

Gas Dryer runs cool [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Whirlpool ModLGC7848DQO gas dryer that was working fine until the door sense switch actuator broke off. I took the dryer apart, find the piece of metal I needed to replace and installed the replacement. While I had the dryer all apart, I sweeped out all the lint. After putting the dryer...

View more questions Search