Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1SingingSweetie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2009, 07:52 AM
    I want sing professionally. How do I get started?
    I am a 22 year old aspiring singer and am trying to find out how to get into the business. I sang all my life and even though I live in Music City I still have no idea where to start. Does anyone have any tips to get me started? Thanks. :)
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 3, 2009, 07:58 AM

Is American Idol due to come anywhere near you? Have you tried open mike nights at local clubs? Have you tried joining a band?
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2009, 11:03 AM

Scotts right about the clubs. Many talent searchers check local clubs on kareoke night (didnt spell that right) for hidden talent :)
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 3, 2009, 01:05 PM

Hi, 1SingingSweetie!

What sort of music do you sing and what are the kind of places that you'd like to sing, please? Also, would you be willing to sing with a group of other singers in order to help you with a career?

One of the things that I do for a living, is that I'm a professional vocalist. I also direct a men's barbershop chorus that's a part of the largest male singing society in the world.

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Jul 7, 2009, 02:19 AM

I do hope that you return to this thread, 1SingingSweetie!

Thanks!
    SingingCoach Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2009, 11:59 PM
    Hi 1SingingSweetie.

I wanted to chime in with my 2 cents on this thread. This is just the kind of question I like to answer! I'm a Singing and Career Guidance Coach, and I think the best place to start is by getting very prepared! Train your voice, perfect your stage performance style, develop your individual singing style and have either original songs or cover songs that you sing very very well.

For inspiration, watch other performers to see what you like and don't like about their performing styles. And above all - anytime you do sing in public, treat it like you are already a star by giving your performance 200% effort!

You want to be ready to go so that when your lucky star streaks across the sky, you'll be ready to jump on and ride the wave!

Best of luck!

Malya
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2009, 01:42 AM
    Perhaps 1SingingSweetie will return to this thread and perhaps not, though, since the question is now getting to be somewhat dated without a response from the original poster.

You did provide an informative and caring answer, SingingCoach!

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Was my roof installed professionally (completed pics)? [ 20 Answers ]

Hello, We're completely renovating an old 2 story home and we just had the old slate roof (was totally bad) removed and replaced with 7/16" OSB and 30 yr Tamko Heritage Dimensional Shingles. Since I do not know too much about roofs, I'm asking you all for your opinions as to whether my roofer...

Professionally colouring my hair black, pink, blue, purple. [ 1 Answers ]

This Friday I have an appointment to get my hair dyed. I want a definite change. My appointment is supposed to be for dying my hair black.. with three long, thick, chunks of purple, pink, and blue. My hair is at the mid back length and currently a dyed dark auburn colour. People were telling me...

Sing Sing Prison [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a list anywhere that list all the people who were executed at Sing Sing Prison.

Is my HVAC system installed professionally? [ 1 Answers ]

HVAC installation. I recently purchased a house and subsequently did major construction to it. I have a number of questions regarding the installation of the entire HVAC system. The house is approximately 2800 square feet, and originally had 2 units. Each one is 24k BTU 13 sear. The air...

"Professionally installed" toilet comments [ 17 Answers ]

This new toilet was “installed professionally” about 2 years ago. First note the toilet flange. It has brown material between the seem of the flange and the cast iron pipe but no covering. This material I assume to be oakum. There is this string of lead that looks like a hoola-hoop around...

View more questions Search