Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Princess-IMYM Posts: 239, Reputation: 6

Sep 2, 2009, 09:22 AM
    A good RPG game?
    I'm having trouble finding games that I enjoy playing, I have a Nintendo DS, a Wii, a PC, my brother has and Xbox 360 and a PS2, and there are hardly any games that I like for these things!
    For my DS I have Another Code, Time Hollow and CSI, for the PC I have the Sims3, and for the Wii I bought Another code: R, only these out of all the games I've bought did I like playing, but I've completed them all in a matter of just 2 days or so, I can't find anything that I'm looking for.
    I'd like and RPG game that has a captivating story line, customisable characters, romance if possible and little to no combat- I will play a game with combat in if its good, I quite liked my friend's game Eternal Sonata, though I never acctually completed it.
    I've been looking at Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines, but the glitches and such are putting me off.
    Does anoyone know any game for the concoles I have like what I want?
    I don't want to have to wait years and years to wait for Ouran Koukou Host-Bu or Kimi ni Todoke to come out in English. =S
    (I'm beginning to think I'm the only person who likes story line games without any combat, although Another Code was like a gift from heaven.):p
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Sep 2, 2009, 09:02 PM

I think you first need to look up what an RPG is. An RPG with little to no combat is like an oxymoron or something.

Most of what you've named that you like are adventures, not RPG's. I'm not familiar with Eternal Sonata, so I can't judge by that one. Since that's the only one with combat (what looks to be a turn-based system), it's a little difficult to judge what you might call a "good" combat system. Especially since looking at the info online about it, it's not your typical RPG. Might help to know what you've played that you don't like.

It sounds more like you like adventures. There's two other Dracula games, Last Sanctuary and Resurrection. There's more CSI's, and there's Law & Order along the same lines. If you like spooky stuff or detective type stuff, you might also like the Nancy Drew series. But those are going to be like the other ones, short.

I wonder if you'd like Final Fantasy.

Sep 3, 2009, 04:33 AM

Hum, well, on the sites I've been on they've called most of the games I like RPG's so that's where I got it from =/
    I do not like gore, or fighting games that make you panic, or war or sports games.
    I've been told I should play FF but whenever I get round to it I always change my mind for some reason.
    I suppose I do like Adventure games, I especially liked Lost in blue 1,2 and 3.
    Turn based are the ones where you have a go at tattacking, and then they have a go, you never attack at the same time? I can manage those ones.
    Isn't Nancy Drew for children? I'm 17 in a week.
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Sep 3, 2009, 03:16 PM

Nancy Drew is meant for teenage girls, not "children," and a lot of adults play them, even men. There's two levels you can play on. (No, they aren't super hard for an experienced gamer, but they'd be difficult for young children. They're a good distraction for a weekend.)

There's different ways turn-based can be set up, but the point is that it's not real-time and hyper. It can either be a character at a time, like one of yours then one of theirs, then one of yours, etc. or sometimes you have to command the entire party all at once and let it play out.

Sep 4, 2009, 08:40 AM

oh, well I can play Turn-based games then =]

I always thought Nancy Drew was a child's game, =S most things are now.
    (This may be irrelevant but I absolutely despise 'Imagine')
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2009, 08:47 AM

Have you played Portal?
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2009, 08:48 AM
    This is what I pulled from Wiki

[edit] Non-violent role-playing games

The Christian RPG, Spiritual Warfare, features a non-violent hero who spreads repentance by sharing holy fruitThough infrequently regarded as explicitly violent, role-playing video games (RPGs) have traditionally focused on the adventures of a party of travelers as they spend days and months leveling-up to fight greater and greater foes. Fighting in these games is highly stylized and often turn-based, however the actions of the player-characters and the enemies that attack them are distinctly violent. There have been some attempts made to reduce this violence by rendering it in cartoonish format as in some members of the Final Fantasy series[citation needed] or by recasting the enemies' deaths as "fainting," "sleeping," or becoming "stunned" as in the Pokémon series, however neither of these series has been explicitly labeled non-violent.

One rare example of an RPG that was designed as a non-violent video game is Spiritual Warfare, a game with enemies featuring a non-violent main-character wherein the player wanders about converting the denizens of his town to Christianity while fending off the attacks of wild animals with holy food. Another example is A Tale in the Desert, an MMORPG based on economic development.

Secular examples include Capcom's Ace Attorney series[118][119] and Victor's Harvest Moon series[120] - a simulation/RPG game. Additionally, such RPGs as Ultima IV: Quest of the Avatar, Planescape: Torment, and Deus Ex have all been identified as containing certain modes of play that are mostly non-violent. This concept is also explored in the higher difficulty levels of the Thief series.

Nonviolent video game - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    gunerrxd Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2009, 03:21 PM

U can try maplestory and maplestory private servers Maplestory:nexon.net or try gunz on ijji.com or counter strike I like all these games if u would want ot spend money buy WoW
    ToasterPuppy Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2009, 05:34 PM

I know some older games, for the ps1 but I still like them. One is Rhapsody which has a little bit of fighting but it is mainly about a girl trying to rescue her prince from an evil witch. Another is Lunar: a silver star story (I think) a lost more fighting but still a good plot.
    If you want one if no combat there is always the ds game Princess Debut. It is all about find a prince to dance. I got bored with it fast since it was a fallow the line sort of thing.
    I'm trying out a new game for the ds I'll tell you if it is any good.

Dec 29, 2009, 05:56 PM

Ah I have princess Debute
    I would like it more if there was no dancing...
    I have Lunar: Genesis or something like that for DS, I like that, but got annoyed with the constant run-ins with fights
    (P.S I'm playing Portal, I love it <3)
    Bstood1013 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2010, 07:44 AM
    Try Harvest Moon games and Dragonquest. I'm hooked.
    Bstood1013 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2010, 07:44 AM
    Try Harvest Moon games and Dragonquest. I'm hooked.
    KindaShort Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2011, 06:20 PM
    I liked the game "The World Ends With You" for DS. I haven't finished yet, but I still really liked it so far. Would you happen to like Harvest Moon Tail of Two Towns? I haven't played it yet, but my friend is completely in love with it. That's all the suggestions I can make for now, since Rune Factory has fighting in it. Hope I can be of some help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Anyone know a good military game for the Wii? [ 5 Answers ]

I'm looking for a good video game for my Nintendo Wii, anyone know a good one?

Good Video game [ 6 Answers ]

I am looking for a good video game for my girlfriend for ps3. Any suggestions?

A good Shooter Game for the Wii [ 8 Answers ]

I have a few good games for the Wii but I've been looking for a good shooter game to get, any suggestions? I tried Resident Evil 4 but it's hard, the damn chainsaw guy at the village was the end of me. I tried The Godfather: Blackhand Edition but that was more of a GTA type game, don't get me wrong...

Any suggestions for a good game? [ 8 Answers ]

OK I am not sure if somebody asked this already plus I cannot take that time because my little niece is next to me taking a nap OxO OK me and my cuzions want to know if there is a game out there like dot hack except you can create your own character and go on your own adventure/quest. Not for...

View more questions Search