Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    earl237 Posts: 532, Reputation: 57

Mar 14, 2016, 03:12 PM
    DVR to DVD transfer
    Does anyone know if it is possible to transfer programs from your DVR to a blank DVD? I still have Adele's Live in New York City concert on my DVR but it's so good I would like to have a permanent copy on DVD and I need to make space on my DVR for other things.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Mar 14, 2016, 03:47 PM
    It is possibly encrypted to prevent exactly what you are trying.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 14, 2016, 03:47 PM
    It all depends on the DVR. Some its not possible to do it from. Which one do you have.

Mar 14, 2016, 04:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    It all depends on the DVR. Some its not possible to do it from. Which one do you have.
    Mine is called Nextbox Arris
    Uber Member

Mar 14, 2016, 05:27 PM
    Not familiar with that one... by all rights they should legally honor the Flag pertaining to HD DRM streams... many won't allow a copy over that... I have heard of a few DVR's that sort of follow their own path and do what they want. I'll have to check on yours and see if I can find something. Odds are not good however.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 14, 2016, 05:55 PM
    Have you tried downloading the playback from your TV directly to your computer and burning it from there?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 14, 2016, 07:01 PM
    You MIGHT be able to hook the DVD Recorder to the output of the DVR then run the output of the DVT to you TV. Next set the DVD to record and start the programming to play from the DVR.

If that doesn't work, the its likely the DVR recording is encrypted to prevent just what you are trying to do. This would be especially be true if the DVR is provided by your cable company rather than an independent.

Mar 14, 2016, 07:03 PM
    Thanks for the tips everyone, I'll see what I can do.
    Uber Member

Mar 14, 2016, 07:06 PM
    I'm looking at the manual for that... and its By Rogers a Cable provider which would have some agreements with content providors making it all but certain it is going to be following all the restrictions that is most likely going too prevent you from making a backup copy a Digital one anyway... which actually IS permitted under the Fair use clause... at least in the USA. Canada I can't speak for.

There will be some quality loss but you can always try what ScottGem mentioned

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

DVR to DVD [ 1 Answers ]

I have recorded movies onto my DVR (Uverse). When I connect my DVD recorder to it, it says I cannot record because the channel recorded does not allow it. Is there anyway to circumvent this issue and be able to copy movies from my DVR to my DVD player?

How to connect DVD to DVR [ 1 Answers ]

How do I connect a sony DVD to my Directv DVR?

How to Connect DVR + VCR + DVD player +DVD recorder and switch box [ 3 Answers ]

Okay, I had this with maybe the dvd player and the vcr but now I'm stuck and cannot find manual for the dvd recorder. I have too many wires and too many electronics Result I would like, in the ideal world, is to have my dvd recorder to have the ability to record old VHS and DVR and other DVDs. ...

How to connect SAT/DVR unit to VCR/DVD recorder to record from DVR? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Dishnetwork SAT/DVR unit and just got a Magnavox DVD/VCR combo unit with both having recording capabilities. I want to put my DVR movies on to DVD. What do I need to connect where to make this all happen. I also have a DVD surround sound unit to add to this mixed up mess of electrical...

Dvd-r, TV, dvr hookup [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Samsung dvd-r recorder, a Samsung lcd TV, dish TV dvr and yamaha htr-5990 receiver. I can play dvd's but cannot record to the Samsung dvd-r. help! Whatcables go where?

View more questions Search