Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    garett Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2007, 01:03 AM
    Can I connect a 240 volt electric range to a 30 amp breaker
    I'm renovating a rental unit and removed a 3 in one appliance (bar fridge/2 stove elements/sink). It was hooked up to 10/3 copper wire on a 30 amp breaker. I want to install a 24 inch electric stove/oven in it's place.

I want to hook up a 24 inch electric stove/range to 10 gauge 3 copper wire with ground wire. The wire is hooked up to a 30 amp breaker in the panel. I know I need to find the total wattage output for the electric stove... but my question is, would it be to code if I hooked it up this way, I know that I wouldn't be able to use all the four elements and the oven at the same time without tripping the breaker but as long as two element and the oven range could operate, that would be acceptable.

Please help...

Regards,

Garett
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Jan 9, 2007, 03:45 AM
    Sure, no problem, you already know the issues of not running the entire range that may cause the amp draw to go over 30 amps.

You may discover that a 30 amp circuit is just right for a 24 in range.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Electric Stove + 30 Amp Breaker? [ 19 Answers ]

Hello, I am installing a 20" electric stove in a "Granny Unit"... The stove is going where there used to be a dryer. The wiring (for the dryer) is there including a 30 amp breaker. Does a stove of this size need a 50 amp beaker? Or, can I use the existing 30 amp breaker? I want it to be safe...

Electric Thermostat 220 Volt 20 Amp [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for an Electric Thermostat rated at 220vac @ 30 amps but can not find one. Does anyone know if they are available.

240 volt four wire in 240 three wire outlet [ 1 Answers ]

I have a generator that has (2) 20 amp 110 outlets and (1) 240 outlet. The 240 outlet have receptacle for four wire plug but I want to use it in a three 930 wire 240 volt plug at other end. Is this a workable solution?

Replacing a 240 volt outlet with a 120 volt oulet [ 1 Answers ]

We've switched to a central air conditioning system and no longer need the 240 volt outlet by the dining room window. The house was built in 1928, updated in 1957, and again a couple of ad hoc times thereafter. The wiring is at times very old, brand new or somewhat old. My guess is that the 240...

240 volt wall heater [ 3 Answers ]

I am installing a wall heater in a room. The heater has a ground wire and a black and red wire. How do you hook it up to 240 volts? Do I need to run four wires, three wires? I have a double breaker at 20 amps already in the circuit breaker panel but what do I need to hook up power. Does one of...

View more questions Search