Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cynde_g Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2005, 05:04 PM
    Hanging ceiling fan from vaulted ceiling peak
    Want to install Hampton Bay's Berlini model 729395 on a cathedral ceiling with a single ridge beam. Want to hang fan from the peak and there's not enough room for the canopy to cover the hanger bracket. Is there any extenders for this?
    Borewyrm Posts: 65, Reputation: 2

Nov 28, 2005, 08:04 PM
    Purchase and install a peak ceiling fan brace. They can be a little funky to install in old work but are fairly self evident. They are mounted to the beam with long screws, then the fan screw directly through the brace into the beam as well. The box extends out of the peak and is white but can be paintedto match. It leaves a neat square for the fan canopy to rest against.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Feb 21, 2006, 10:07 PM
    I've also seen wooden platforms the outlet box sits in that deal with the same issue.

Make sure you use the correct downrod length for your ceiling. More info on that, and ceiling fan placement, is here:

http://www.ceiling-fans-n-more.com/ceiling-fan-faq.php

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pointing register up to vaulted ceiling [ 6 Answers ]

In my apartment, the living room has a vaulted ceiling. I live in Florida so it's about 92 outside, and there is so much heat just sitting up in the ceiling. The heat is too high up to be felt when standing on the floor, but it prevents the living room from ever getting cool. Not much air comes out...

Ceiling [ 6 Answers ]

I was looking for a leak in my attic and accidentally stepped off the beams. I cracked the sheet rock( I don't even know if that's how you spell it) anyway it didn't crack completely in have just enough to look bad. The crack is about 3 feet long. I was wondering if I could fix it by sanding it...

Ceiling Fan Help! [ 5 Answers ]

I just purchased a new 44" ceiling fan to replace my old 20" broken one. I've taken the old one off the ceiling and there is a metal box w/ 2 "female" parts for screws. My instructions say to screw the 2-3" wood screws into the ceiling. I don't have any so what I did was took some good screws...

Hanging a ceiling fan/light [ 5 Answers ]

I have a room approx 25 x 30 floor space with a 24' high ceiling over half of it. My painter said there is a ton of heat being trapped up there so I bought 2 ceiling fans and want to know at what height they should be installed. And should one be higher than the other. They are 52" each.

Old-style ceiling box and ceiling fan [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I'm trying to install a ceiling fan. The present ceiling box (if you can even call it a box) is an very old-style cylindrical black hunk of metal with four holes for the wires and a hole in the center through which there is a 3/8" threaded metal rod which supports the "box". Obviously this...

View more questions Search