Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stacy143 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2006, 06:53 AM
    I Am Not Receiving Mails In My Yahoo Account
    HI GUYS,
    I will be very grateful if someone can help me solve my problem. I have a Yahoo acount and I am sending mails from my other account to my Yahoo account and I am not receiving any mails. I also tried using the account to send out mails and it is not sending nor receiving mails.
    I relly need to get this problem fix urgently because I have lost my password for myspace site and inorder for me to retrive this information myspace admin will send my password to this Yahoo email address but its not receiving mails.. please help

Thank you stac:(
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 16, 2006, 07:02 AM
    What happens when you send mail to that address? Do you get any return mail with an explanation?

Feb 16, 2006, 07:10 AM
    Well I just send a mail from that account and the mail was sent but I am not receiving mails into that accunt. Sometimes I get error /failure
    But I just realize that when I reply to the mail it was delivered in the account but if I try to compose a new mail I am not getiing it..

I know this sounds complicated but that's the best way I can explain it

Feb 16, 2006, 07:49 AM
    What does the error message say?

Feb 16, 2006, 07:55 AM
    It is saying message cannot be delivered to the following receiptent
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2006, 08:02 AM
    Hi, Stacy,
    Had a similar problem, using Outlook Express, with our dial-up telephone internet connection.
    I could try sending an email from my computer's Outlook Express, to any Yahoo email address. Would get back a "Delivery Notification, Message Delay, will keep trying to send for 30 hrs".
    After many calls to the Internet Service Providers' HelpDesk, finally the engineers of our ISP found that we had to change our "Outgoing Mail" configuration.
    It was in Outlook Express, Tools, Accounts, Properties button, Servers tab, and under "Outgoing Mail" space.
    I'm not sure if this is your problem, but hope it helps some.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Feb 16, 2006, 08:03 AM
    That's means that the address you are trying to send to is wrong.
    One of the common mistakes with Yahoo is the domain .
    Eg Yahoo.COM, Yahoo.CO.UK

Are you using the correct ending on Yahoo ?

Feb 16, 2006, 08:09 AM
    Yes I am using the correct domain... myspace automatically sends your password to your email address but in this Yahoo email address I am not seeing no mail with my password
    I used another email address and request a password and it was send so its not a problem with myspace it's a problem with my Yahoo account...

Feb 16, 2006, 08:10 AM
    If you are sending the mail through Yahoo then Fred's answer doesn't apply to you at all. But Ben's may. It might also help to know the EXACT errors. Are you getting a Mailer Deamon return mail? What is the exact text of the message?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Feb 16, 2006, 08:22 AM
    Have you tried ALL of the Yahoo mail trouble shooting tips ?

Feb 16, 2006, 09:00 AM
    Hi. This is the qmail-send program at yahoo.com.
    I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following
    Addresses.
    This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

4.79.181.14 failed after I sent the message.
    Remote host said: 554 delivery error: dd This user doesn't have a
    Yahoo.com account (“email” [-5] - mta221.mail.mud.yahoo.com

That is what the erroe message looks like... I only get mail in that Yahoo address when I REPLY to the mail if I try to compose a new one and send it I get that error message

Feb 16, 2006, 09:45 AM
    Does the message list the user name? It looks like you are sending to the wrong address.
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2006, 10:10 AM
    Another post just agreeing with Scott ;)

According to that error message, you attempted to send an email to "[email protected]". Is that the correct address? Do Yahoo even allow emails that short?

Feb 16, 2006, 10:21 AM
    No I did make sure it was the correct email... the email is... @yahoo.com that's how I enter it I leave out my orignial email here ><<<

Feb 16, 2006, 10:54 AM
    I notice you are in guyana. As LT mentioned there may be differences in the domain part for different geographic locations.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Thanks for the E-mails [ 8 Answers ]

This is another I copied and pasted, I just thought it was cute since I have had all of these. THANKS I must send my thanks to whoever sent me the one about rat poop in the glue on envelopes because I now have to use a wet towel with every envelope that needs sealing. Also, now I have...

Not able to receive mails on Yahoo as well as rediffmail [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am sending mails through my site. Persons with hotmail, gmail account are able to receive mails, but persons with Yahoo and rediffmail account are not able to receive. Can anyone please tell me what is the problem.

E-Mails [ 4 Answers ]

I need yor help. Every week I send close to 1200 E-mails to a church group and it takes me three days to do it. Yahoo only allows 99 members groups lists and only five groups per day. Is it there a faster and easiest way to do this work? Thanks. Carlos Luis

Saving e-mails [ 2 Answers ]

Good evening all. I wonder if any of you good people can help me again. In my Hotmail account I have created a folder, and I save an e-mail in it each day. Is there any way I can "Burn" them to a disc? Would I have to save each one individually? Thanks in advance. Davidofgrimsby.

Disabled Yahoo account from receiving email [ 1 Answers ]

My Yahoo email account has been disabled although I deleted a lot of my emails so as to accommodate more incoming mails. I freed a lot of space already by emptying my trash but still it is showing up that I'm over the limit. I can't understand why. I was over the limit before but I don't have this...

View more questions Search