Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    IgorYG Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2007, 04:40 PM
    Old Repco LA100C heater
    Does anybody know if an old Repco LA100C heater has to be ignited with an external lighter?
    It worked without any problem for years. Today I turned my room thermostat, nothing happened. Pump is running, but there is no pilot light. I tried to follow the instruction:
    Turned the knob to the "Off" position and waited for 3 minutes.
    Depressed the knob and held for a minute.
    Holding the knob I tried to turn it back into the "Pilot" position without any success (impossible to turn back). So, I looked underneath the burner - there was no pilot light.
    The question is: should I ignite gas by myself with lighter or match, or it should light from internal coil (or so)?
    Please help if anybody knows the answer.
    Thanks.
    IgorYG
    hixton Posts: 146, Reputation: 5

Nov 2, 2007, 08:50 PM
    In the pilot position hold nob down light pilot and keep holding down for a minute the release turn to on
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Nov 2, 2007, 09:43 PM
    Although the water heater I installed a year ago has a nifty button you press to light the pilot, most of the older stuff required a match or lighter. There is an explanation of how to light a pilot light in the sticky at https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/heatin...ons-58313.html Perhaps pictures.
    IgorYG Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2007, 05:42 AM
    Thanks to all.
    I've fixed the burner. The thermocouple was dead.
    Thanks again.
    gargee89 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2010, 11:48 AM
    My old repco heater is on and making sound, but no heat in the whole house, can someone help me please

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need help deciding between a tank or tankless water heater [ 19 Answers ]

Which one saves me money; the tankless water heater or conventional tank water heater? :confused:

Heater keeps going out [ 4 Answers ]

Lennox heater, have had checked out by gas man, pilot cleaned and tightened, new thermocouple, can light pilot, heater works 6-8 hours goes out and can't relight right away, pilot won't stay lit. Any suggestions?

Heater [ 2 Answers ]

How do you light the pilot light on a carrier heater?

Heater won't come on. [ 3 Answers ]

First time posting, and I need some help. For the last three weeks my wife had noticed that sometimes the heater would not kick on. By the time I came home to check, the heater was working. The house got cold about 2 this morning, and the heater would not click on. I moved the tab and heard...

View more questions Search