Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lovemy3kids Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2007, 12:11 PM
    Knot on my gums after tooth extraction
    I went to the dentist last Tuesday had my left bottom molar pulled. My jaw bone (I though) was still killing me on Thursday & I went back to the dentist that afternoon to make sure I didn't have dry socket, he said it was heeling fine & looked great, Friday afternoon I noticed a knot on the outside of my gum between the gum & cheek & that side of my gum doesn't feel like the other side of my gum its flat almost instead of rounded & healing & it hurts BAD I been using an ice pack & pain pills (that don't last long) anyone know if this is normal or infection, piece of a root, something severely wrong?? Someone please let me know.
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2007, 11:29 AM
    Did the dentist suture the extraction site? It could be a dissolving suture. Rinse gently with warm water and salt as often as you can and take ibuprofen (Advil) for pain.
    lovemy3kids Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2007, 08:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by flossie
    Did the dentist suture the extraction site? It could be a dissolving suture. Rinse gently with warm water and salt as often as you can and take ibuprofen (Advil) for pain.

No he didn't suture it, and I went back This morning & he said it looked fine & everything was great & about 4 hours later I noticed the knot was there. I did have another one near the same spot which he just basically pushed back into place (his words) but I think he said it was all gum that spot is now fine but it is the same as that just a little farther back. & it doesn't hurt unless I touch it with my finger.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Piece of tooth left in gums? [ 11 Answers ]

Earlier this year I had all four of my wisdom teeth removed. The top two teeth were rotting and nearly half of each of them had broken off. I have since noticed something sticking out of the side of my gums where one of the top teeth used to be. It hasn't actually broken through the skin, it's...

Tooth pain after extraction [ 4 Answers ]

I had a tooth pulled about 5 days ago, 3 days after the extraction a tooth on the same jaw(lower) started to hurt, the tooth that was pulled was the very back tooth (bottom) the tooth that is now in pain is a front (lower) tooth. Is this related to the extraction? Or what!

Tightness in jaw after tooth extraction [ 1 Answers ]

I had two back teeth pulled last tues May 15th. One on the top left, and the other on the bottom right, and my left is fine, but on the right I have had some tightness in my jaw. They had to cut it out and there were stitches all the way back on my gums and cheek, on the right side. Also it is...

Tooth Extraction in a 3 Yr Old [ 6 Answers ]

Okay, my son's front tooth is kind of loosen (or least when I wiggle it). He does not complain of any pain, but the tooth is getting darker (like a brownish color). We have an Dentist Appt. already made, but my concern is will the Dentist want to extract the tooth?

Total tooth extraction [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter is 43. Yesterday she had all her teeth pulled and new ones Put in. She did OK until late last night, when she began throwing up. She Told me the teeth had to go. Now she is waiting for the swellilng to go down So she can put them back in. Is this going to happen soon, as she has...

View more questions Search