Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jatman Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2007, 10:39 AM
    High Pressure Sales with Private Sales Clubs
    To Whom:

Is it legal in the state of Rhode Island/Connecticut for a private sales club (Direct Buy) to force a prospective member to join immediately after a forced one hour sales pitch? Direct Buy instructs their prospective customers that if they don't apply for membership immediately they WILL NEVER be invited back for membership, nor can the prosective customer apply for membership at a later time (cost of membership upfront is substantial, in the thousands of dollars).

Thank you for your time and patience
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

May 22, 2007, 12:06 PM
    Sounds like BS high-pressure sales tactics to me. Why would you want to do business with them anyway?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 22, 2007, 12:49 PM
    Why would you want to join after a high pressure sales pitch that says you 'have to or you are dead in the water' The salesperson you were speaking to probably had a dead line to make and you were it, so he tried every tactic he could. Don't listen to them and just move on.

Do you really need to work for people like that !

Dlo you need to part with your money that bad.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 22, 2007, 04:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jatman
    To Whom:

Is it legal in the state of Rhode Island/Connecticut for a private sales club (Direct Buy) to force a prospective member to join immediately after a forced one hour sales pitch?
    Hello jat:

Yes.

Actually, you weren't forced unless he held a gun to your head.

excon
    modular01 Posts: 129, Reputation: 36

May 22, 2007, 06:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jatman
    To Whom:

Is it legal in the state of Rhode Island/Connecticut for a private sales club (Direct Buy) to force a prospective member to join immediately after a forced one hour sales pitch? Direct Buy instructs their prospective customers that if they don't apply for membership immediately they WILL NEVER be invited back for membership, nor can the prosective customer apply for membership at a later time (cost of membership upfront is substantial, in the thousands of dollars).

Thank you for your time and patience
    It's as legal as you telling them to screw off and never bother you again. No smart business would try and gain customers that way. Steer clear of them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Outside sales? [ 2 Answers ]

[ok here's my question, I have checked out many sales poss. However I find most of them ,quite fake, and very dishonest. Can anybody tell me about the company called FULLER BRUSH COMPANY? ARE THEY EAZY TO SELL? BRAD

Thank you letter for sales [ 6 Answers ]

I am looking for some sample thank you letters to send to customers following our introductory meeting.

Craigslist sales [ 7 Answers ]

I have no idea if this is the right topic to post under but I'm wondering if there is any reason it would be dangerous to give your address when making sales online. I've sold a lot of items on Craigslist and now I'm selling an item and someone responded wanting me ship an item to the US once I...

Sales Letter [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I'm very new to this website, but I have to write a sales letter and would like a template sales letter. Thank You

Net Sales [ 1 Answers ]

X Company had the following account balances: Sales Revenue, $150,000; Sales Returns and Allowances, $3,000; Sales Discounts, $3,600; and Bad Debts, $600. Given these balances, the amount of net sales is: a. $150,000 b. $147,000 c. $143,400 d. $142,800

View more questions Search