Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alex1991 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2007, 01:34 PM
    Theft Under $5000 - Age 15
    I have no idea if I have a criminal record or not. I was caught stealing and I recall the security guy saying I was being charged with Theft Under $5000.00

But I wasn't give a court date, no fingerprints taken, and it has been a week since the incident and I haven't gotten a call from the police/RCMP.

When the police came, all they did was take my name, number, address, etc.

I am only 15 years old and the security guy said that I shouldn't be too concerned because employers don't usually do background check for teens.

Do I have a criminal record? And can it be erased without me doing anything?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 15, 2007, 01:38 PM
    If you were not arrested you have no record. Since its only been a week, though, an arrest could still happen. But even if you are convicted it will be as a juvenile and that records will be expunged when you turn 18.

I hope, though, that you have learned your lesson.
    alex1991 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2007, 01:43 PM
    But the "Loss Preventions" securty guy told me I was being arrested.
    To be arrested MUST I be taken to the police station, or can they take my info. As they did, and put it into a computer onto my record?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 15, 2007, 01:47 PM
    But the "loss Preventions" security guy is not a police officer who can arrest you. To arrest you, they have to book you and that involves taking you to a police station.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Theft over $5000 [ 7 Answers ]

Just wondering what the minimum sentence for theft over $5000 is. Thanks.

Theft Under $5000 [ 12 Answers ]

Ok I live in toronto and me and my friend just a made a mistake by doing shoplifting or aka "theft under $5000" at the local zellers. I'm 16 years old and this if my first ofence. I have a court date on feb.28 with my friend too and I have yet to hire a lawyer. I'm so young I dunt want my life...

Theft under $5000.. : ( [ 20 Answers ]

Hey, I just got caught stealing from the Bay (HBC). I was first put under arrest.. brought into the back of the store and they took all of my information etc. etc. They checked my criminal record and everything, and since I don't have one they did not charge me but I'm not allowed going into...

Theft under 5000 [ 5 Answers ]

Hello 7 years ago I stole something and got caught... I was charged with theft under 5000 and I had to pay back the money, do community service and see a probation officer. I can't remember if this was a conviction or not, and whether I need a pardon... I was told by someone that I don't need a...

View more questions Search