Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    goldieishere Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2013, 08:03 AM
    Sensor not picking up outdoor device
    I have a Bios Weather Indoor/Outdoor Wireless Thermometer & Hyugrometer unit.
    I cannot get the outside temperature to register on the main unit. I have changed batteries, ensured both units are on Channel 1 and placed outdoor sensor about 7 metres from indoor device. I cannot get it to show outside temperature. Help?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Nov 14, 2013, 05:29 AM
    Have you tried turning them on in a specific order? In most cases you should turn on the remote unit first. wait for it to fully boot. Then turn on the receiver so it can detect the unit.

Also some reviews have stated the main unit didn't pick up the sensor unless it was atleast 8 meters away.
    Bios Indoor/Outdoor Wireless Thermometer and Hygrometer | Indoor/Outdoor Thermometers | Clearance Outlet | Ratings & Reviews | TheSource.ca

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Outdoor occupancy sensor that does not require a neutral wire [ 1 Answers ]

To StanFortyman I have an old house. The outdoor sensor stopped working. The new purchase was Leviton. It is a 3 wire system. But my system is a 2 wire set-up, with no neutral wire, so it will not work. How can I find a 2 wire replacement product? Or is there some alternative solution? Rewiring...

Adding a motion sensor to 3 way outdoor flood lights [ 2 Answers ]

First, thanks in advance for your time. I have two 3-way switches in my home at opposite ends of the house that control two different flood lights outside on the same circuit. I bought and hooked up a motion sensor to one of the floods thinking that when it is triggered it will turn both sets...

Why is the sensor/wireless device easily damaged from thunderstorm and lightning? [ 3 Answers ]

Some sensor electronic devices were damaged after the thunderstorm and lightning strikes though they are plugged into a surge. All the nonsense electronic devices plugged into the same surge such as TV, DVD were not damaged. Only the sensor devices were damaged such as Wii console, Wireless home...

Setting outdoor temperature sensor heat pump [ 5 Answers ]

I have a heat pump that is part of a dual fuel system. It shuts off and then a furnace kicks on. Right now the Heat pump shuts off when the tempature falls below 45 degrees. Every thing I've read says the system is capable to down around freezing with no issues. How can I lower the heat pump set...

Can I disable motion sensor on outdoor lights? [ 1 Answers ]

I recently purchased new wall mount outdoor lights. They are motion sensor. I was told they would have the option to turn off the motion sensor. There is not a "switch" for that capability. Is there a way I can wire it to disable that function?

View more questions Search