Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Oriana Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2008, 05:58 PM
    Cruise Ship Oriana Passenger List 1964
    Hello,

I am new to this site and I am not sure if this question can be answered or even if I am posting it in the correct category, but here goes...

My parents and I emigrated from Sydney, Australia in June 1964 on the (original) cruise ship Oriana bound for the United States.

My mother passed away over 24 years ago and my father, now 85, can locate any documentation about the trip.

We are wondering if there are any passenger lists somewhere which show that my father, Bela Dobrovics, was indeed a passenger on that ship on that journey between Australia and the United States.

Can someone provide insight? This may be too tough to answer.

Thanks in advance,

Josef
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 7, 2008, 06:40 PM
    For a June 1964 trip that would have her coming right out of dry dock because she was painted white in April/May of 1964, but it could still be possible.

This web site shows the ship and the history of the ship, although this person asks for no requests for boarding history, they may have it and always worth a request.

Also if he came into the US though customs and immigration they would have a complete history of where he entered, when, and using what papers.
    Orient Line SS Oronsay

This is a fairly old site, but here were some formal passenters in 1964
    *prior to April but who knows they may know info on it
    Oriana (old) to Scrappers? [Archive] - Cruise Forums - Cruise Message Boards - Cruise Critic
    Oriana Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2008, 11:00 PM
    Fr_Chuck,

Thanks so much for your reply! Your ideas are interesting and I think there are some real possibilities open for the resolution of my question. I will indeed explore your suggestions!

Again, many thanks!

Josef
    aussiegal Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2011, 04:59 PM
    My passengers cruised on the Oriana back in 1964. They went to Hawaii and perhaps the ship went on to L.A. before returning to Honolulu where they reboarded and came back to Australia. I can remember going down to Port Melbourne and waving them off on their cruise. It would have been around June, 1964 as we were married in the April and I know my sister came to stay with us whilst my parents were gone and we hadn't been married long.

Jennie
    phill pyke Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2012, 06:14 AM
    Where do I find the passenger list for people on the Oriana in 2008 during a conference cruise organised by penna?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Okinawa Bank Incident 1964/1965 [ 5 Answers ]

In late 1964 or the first half of 1965 there was an incident involving the transfer of several hundred thousand US Dollars in cash between 2 banks on the island of Okinawa. The money was being transported by truck in I believe a canvas bag accompanied by bank employees. Upon arrival at the Bank...

Civil rights act of 1964 [ 1 Answers ]

What year did the civil rights act of 1964 happen?

Passenger Ship Records from the 1800s [ 4 Answers ]

Hello! I'm hoping there is someone out there that can help or at least point me in the right direction. My great, great grandfather came to the Americas from France and I would like to know if there is a way to research the old ship logs. I know many companies kept their ancient logs ;) and...

Cruise Ship Job [ 1 Answers ]

In trying to obtain a Cruise Ship job I was asked to obtain the seamans or seafarers Discharge Book. Could you define what this book is and how do I go about trying to obtain one so that I can get this job.

1964 Tub Replacement [ 2 Answers ]

I have purchased a Swanstone Retrofit shower base. I did the measurements from the original tub drain to the wall and thought everything was going to line up. Little did I know that the drain was actually much closer to the wall studs and that it T'd to go under the tub drain. The shower base...

View more questions Search