Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    havehope Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2013, 06:26 AM
    Military
    I want to join the military but I am with God I am all for him, will I go to Hell if I kill someone while fighting for my country?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 14, 2013, 06:38 AM
    If that is the case, then there would be several Popes in hell. More killings have been done in religious wars (the Crusades, etc.).

May I suggest you find a copy of the movie Sergeant York with Gary Cooper. Its about someone wrestling with just this same problem.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 14, 2013, 06:40 AM
    No, but can you kill someone ? Read the old testament, God blessed the armies,though the prophets, he ordered the armys to attack. Jesus cured the child of a officer in the Roman army.

The issue is that it is murder. The bible also tells us to follow the lawful commands of our government in the bible also,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Getting into the Military [ 4 Answers ]

How do I get into the military(Army, Navy, Marines, etc. if I have a felony conviction? Who should I contact to get in?

Military to Military Marriage Different Home of Records [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I both are active duty military and we have two different "Home of Records". My husband is a NC resident and I am a TN resident (no state tax) I am trying to file MFJ for federal. Everything went well until I went to file state taxes for him. How do I do this? Can I file federal...

The Military. [ 5 Answers ]

I'm 18 years old involved with a 20 year old Marine. He was my first serious boyfriend. We have been together for over a year, and have known each other for over 2 years now. He has been in the military since last summer. Obviously, we could handle 3 months of only having letters as contact during...

I got married to a military guy, and we got military housing [ 6 Answers ]

MY husband and I became eligible for base housing and took it, because the only time we would move in was that day. In my old apartment lease there is a military clause. However I got the apartment before I became married, and my husband is not on the lease. My landlord is saying that the military...

View more questions Search