Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1257 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2009, 08:40 AM
    Goodman heater on heat
    Goodman GMP075-3 Gas heater the blower comes on and I smell gas but unit won't light
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2009, 09:11 AM
    By the blower are you meaning the small inducer motor or the bigger main supply blower?

By won`t light,are you saying the igniter isn`t glowing? Or its glowing but gas valve not opening up for the burners to be ignited?

Nov 11, 2009, 10:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by wmproop View Post
    by the blower are you meaning the small inducer motor or the bigger main supply blower?

by won`t light,are you saying the igniter isn`t glowing? or its glowing but gas valve not opening up for the burners to be ignited?
    The big supply motor comes on and the igniter isn't golwing.I cheaked trouble shooting light and it had a pluse rate slow on and off trouble light

Nov 11, 2009, 11:03 AM

The big supply motor comes on and igniter isn't glowing I checked trobleshooting light it was blinking at a pluse rate
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2009, 11:46 AM
    Have you checked the fuse, 3 amp automotive type push in,, its in the circuit board, sometimes hard to locate.
    Also on inside of the door/cover should be listing ,telling you what each code/blinking light means

Nov 11, 2009, 11:53 AM

I did not check the fuse but on chart for troblshooting it said pluse rate normal operation

Nov 11, 2009, 12:35 PM

Checked fuse it is good I'm not sure about steady slow flashing trouble shooting light it has at top of chart pluse rate then next to that normal operation then it has 1 blink 2 blink 3or 4 and fast blinking light
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2009, 12:54 PM
    Turn off the power, wait couple minutes,, then back on,, this resets the system,, then count blinks if any,, it should be on steady with no blinks
    KC13 Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 99
    Ultra Member

Nov 11, 2009, 04:25 PM
    Carefully remove the ignitor and inspect for failure.

Nov 12, 2009, 11:35 AM

Thank you wmproop and KC13 you both were big help in sloving my heat problem

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Goodman heat pump does not switch on for heat and the AC blows A/H fuses. [ 4 Answers ]

My Goodman heat pump, model GSH130361AD, heat does not switch on (outer unit). When it first went out, the Honeywell T8411R t-stat digital display went blank. First, I tried replacing the stat with other, but they only accommodated 5 wires. Wiring to the Honeywell was 7 wires. I'll come back to...

Heat strip not working on my goodman heat pump [ 1 Answers ]

Heat strip not working on my goodman heat pump

Goodman Gas Heater [ 1 Answers ]

Goodman Heater runs and shuts off periodically.. Pilot lights and burns for 5 seconds and shuts off. Blower runs, pilot lights and burns for 5 seconds and shuts off.. Cycle repeats 3 or 4 times and then furnace shuts off. I then have to pull fuse and replace and process starts again. After 2 or...

Goodman Heater [ 1 Answers ]

My heater kicks on for about 15 seconds then turns off and the fan runs indefinitely, after a while the heater will kick on again and the same thing repeats. Meanwhile cool air from the fan is blowing in the house and the temp on the thermostate gets lower and lower. I've tried turning off the...

Goodman Heater [ 1 Answers ]

We have a Goodman Heater, GMT Series, that recently started to sound like it is struggling to turn on. The LED blinks three times when it is struggling and the panel says that according to the blinking, we should check venter pressure switch or vent blockage. It was eventually starting and would...

View more questions Search