Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    iAMfromHuntersBar Posts: 943, Reputation: 146

Jul 25, 2008, 12:59 AM
    Quantas Aircraft Has Forced Landing
    :eek:

You've got to give some praise to the pilot here, he's got to have acted pretty fast to avoid a tragedy!

BBC NEWS | World | Asia-Pacific | Hole forces Qantas plane to land

I love the line;
    "Upon disembarkation, there were some passengers who vomited. You can see in their faces that they were really scared,"

Yeah, well done genius! Ha ha!

I love air travel, and bar a bit of turbulance I've never had any problems, so stuff like this doesn't really put me off! How about everyone else, what do you reckon?
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2008, 02:46 AM
    How could air travel put you off lol you have flown into a war zone for christ sake ;)

I have to say seeing stuff like that doesn't really bother me we are all going to die at some point be it in our homes in the sky or crossing the rd so what's the point in worrying lol
    iAMfromHuntersBar Posts: 943, Reputation: 146

Jul 25, 2008, 02:50 AM
    Ha ha, fair point! Now THAT was a fun landing!

Yeah, but surely you'd rather die peacefully in your bed than plunging, screaming from 30,000 feet... or hit by the number 32 to Keighly?

(Remember, always wear clean pants! Ha ha!)
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2008, 02:56 AM
    Lmao why die being boring :) and I always carry clean pants giggle
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2008, 03:08 AM
    I must admit that (maybe it is just coincidence)I find there are often stories like this or near-missed in the weeks before I am scheduled to fly to my vacation spot. http://www.nytimes.com/2005/07/21/nyregion/21plane.html

However any angst I might feel is offset by the tension relief of just taking some time off . By the time the flight is airborn I've zoned out
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Jul 25, 2008, 09:38 PM
    When I fly to Manila I usually use Philippine Airlines or Korean Air and although some of the trips have been challenging, none have been like that. Perhaps Quantas should provide parachutes along with the boarding passes. :eek:
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2008, 01:50 AM
    Quantas Never Crashes
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Jul 26, 2008, 03:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55
    Quantas Never Crashes
    Except when they crash... See the positive of that : it keeps the fleet rather young!!

:rolleyes:

·
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Jul 27, 2008, 05:54 PM
    Its true. Qantas has never had a fatal air crash. I'm scheduled to fly on the subsidiary budget airline to Thailand in a couple of months. Doesn't really put me off.

Its interesting though. Qantas like most airlines have just cut thousands of jobs and have been in dispute with maintenance staff over wages. Interesting that something like this happens now. It certainly put question marks on the world thousands of Boeings 747's doesn't it?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Naval aircraft mechanic cannot get his car started [ 81 Answers ]

So I bought a 1992 honda civic DX auto and after a week of buying it, it crapped out on me. It would crank, but would not fire up. Immediately I began troubleshooting. I checked for spark and there was none when I grounded the plugs against the frame several times while my friend cranked it. Next I...

Aircraft emission [ 3 Answers ]

How and why are two lines of cloud formed by airoplanes. What type of airoplane engines cause this(is it is caused only by war planes or do commercial planes too emit this parallel clouds?

How efficient is it to convert gas forced air to electric forced air? [ 1 Answers ]

I am afraid of a gas furnace, for fear of an explosion. I have had this fear since I was a little boy. Hence, I simply must have an electric heating system. However, the area in the MidWest where I have been considering has almost no electric homes, mostly because of the high electric rates...

Aircraft emission [ 6 Answers ]

How and why are two lines of cloud formed by airoplanes. What type of airoplane engines cause this(is it is caused only by war planes or do commercial planes too emit this parallel clouds?

How to start an aircraft repair business [ 4 Answers ]

What are the steps I would need to take to start my own aircraft structures repair/maintenance business?

View more questions Search