Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2004, 02:52 AM
    Small Pin Sized Dots On Skin
    HI all,

My girlfriend recently started to get a few pin-sized red dots on her skin. I've recently noticed a few appearing on my skin too. I'm guessing we may have some kind of mite biting us in the night but I thought I should check if anyone had some ideas on what other things it could be. We are both final year university students, could it be stressed related if not a bug?

Basically has anyone got any ideas of what we are looking at.
    taur Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2004, 05:28 PM
    Re: Small Pin Sized Dots On Skin
    Mostly likely it is an insect bite. It would be very rare to have the same allergic reaction by two people. Unless someone is trying to kill you and feeding you rat poison. Blood thinners (both found in medicine and rat bait {coumadin}). Will cause "petechia" small hemarrghia on the skin
    LRSV38 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2004, 04:15 PM
    I had these small bumps to
    They were in a cluster about 1 and a half inchs in acircle, but they stopped
    niche22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2005, 12:19 AM
    Me too...
    Recently I have just discovered small dots on the inside of my arms, there are 8 on each arm. Does anybody know what they are from, they appeared over night? I am also a University student. :confused:
    drali77 Posts: 127, Reputation: 5

Apr 23, 2005, 12:44 PM
    Info about insect bite
    If you people are suffering from an insect bit below is a link which will give you the information about the insect bite ,its sign/symptoms and the treatment.

http://www.emedicine.com/derm/topic467.htm

Cheers
    white_bod Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2006, 06:13 AM
    You should have your condition checked with a dermatologist. In the meantime, apply a disinfectant solution like hydrogen peroxide followed by an antibacterial ointment
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jan 13, 2006, 08:29 AM
    My wife and myself had them appear and disappear. I personally do not think it has anything to do with bites. I even heard it is normal.
    viole Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2008, 03:28 PM

Did you everfigure out what was causing this? My BF and I are having something that sounds the same.
    Laven205 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2008, 06:04 PM
    Doctors are good for telling you if they look like insect bites, however they may not know what kind of insect is biting you depending on their experience. If a doctor does think they look like insect bites, then I'd research bed bugs. They're back with a vengeance and they're occurring in exponentially greater numbers all over the country. :( Closely examine all of your bedding, your mattress, and boxsprings for evidence of bed bugs (dark spots, cast skins, etc.). Bite reactions can vary greatly from person to person but are generally very itchy and last for at least a couple of days. Another hallmark sign of a bed bug bite is 3 bites in a row but the bites can also be scattered. I know from personal experience when a doctor told me I looked like I had a couple of insect bites but he had no idea what had bitten me. :confused: It wasn't until I found an adult bed bug (about the size of an appleseed) that my fiancé and I figured out what was going on. :eek: Prior to that I wouldn't have even considered bed bugs a possibility because most of us still have no idea that they actually exist. The good news is that while they can be very psycologically disturbing and incredibly difficult to get rid of, they DON'T spread any known diseases. I am extremely clean but that makes no difference. We believe our infestation actually can from our apartment neighbor with whom we share our bedroom wall. They can hitch a ride on luggage if you fly, or stay in an infested hotel room, or you can bring them home a full blown infestation in used furniture. Just Google bed bugs and you can find a plethora of sites and information (some good, some not so good):eek:
    meemsters123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2010, 06:28 PM
    When I had tiny pin like dots on my skin my doctor told me it was stress hives.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tiny pin sized red itchy dots [ 17 Answers ]

I have about 5 or so of this tiny pin sized red dots that itch more than anything I've ever experienced. I found if I leave them alone they'll dry up in about a week or so. But if I dare scratch them they spread into a rash. Any ideas?

Having White small dots on PEnis head? [ 7 Answers ]

No pain but having afew small white dots on penis head.. Don't know what happen? Is this a infection?

Different sized pupils [ 3 Answers ]

Especially at night my pupils become different sizes. Its usually the left eye that feels numb a bit. A couple of months ago I had a swallon lump on my neck and a numb dingly arm for about 24 hours. Could these be related? Any thoughts would be appreciated:o

View more questions Search