Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cmoore85 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2009, 05:46 PM
    How do I know if my computer can play dvd's?
    My computer has CDWR. I don't know if this is relative information, but I was told based on that I can play dvd's. How do I know if my computer can play dvd's?
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Apr 28, 2009, 06:05 PM
    If it's a combo dvd/cdwr you can...

So...

Why haven't you just put in a dvd? It won't harm anything...
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Apr 28, 2009, 06:07 PM

That is what I was going to say. Simple answer.

Put in a dvd, if it does not work then you know its not compatible, it just will not play.

Joe

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Want to be able to play DVD's in WMP 11 [ 7 Answers ]

I'm a little confused about this whole codec and decoder issue. I just want to be able to watch DVD's on my Windows Media Player 11. But I have Vista Basic x64 and it supposedly does not come with an MPEG-2 decoder. So I did some Google searching and was to Elecard Software. But I couldn't see...

DVD's won't play! [ 5 Answers ]

Hey folks. Recently I posted before about my computer not booting up and it seems the troubles haven't ended there. I have a Dell Demension e510. I recently replaced the power supply to a 350 watt output I think it is.. I just know it's 350watt from what my fiancé said. And just a...

Freeware to play DVD's on computer? [ 12 Answers ]

Hello I'm looking for some free software I can use to be able to watch DVD's on my computer. Any ideas guys? Thanks.

DVD/CDRW won't play non-commercial DVD's [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Liteon Combo LTC 48161H running on a Compaq s5000cl. The DVD/CDRW drive will not play a non-commercial DVD. I have tried resetting the defaults by left clicking on "My Computer" and right clicking the combo drive, choosing "Properties", then "Auto Play" and clicking the "Restore defaults"...

View more questions Search