Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sallyg1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2018, 01:47 PM
    Ball valve
    I installed a pump under my laundry tubs, when it turns on to drain the waterfrom my washing machine into my waste line, my bathroom sinks gurgle and my toilet bubbles. Can I install a ball valve anywhere on that line to slow the waste water flow down
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Sep 13, 2018, 06:17 PM
    Hi Sally

A ball valve won't do anything here. The system is starving for air and is stealing it wherever it can (sink and the toilet).

What exact laundry pump did you install (model number and manufacturer please)? Most of these pumps require a dedicated vent (and not a mechanical vent, a dedicated, individual vent), so need more info. OK?

Back to you...

Mark
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 14, 2018, 01:41 AM
    Why do you even need a separate pump to drain your washing machine?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Noise - vibration from Ball Valve [ 2 Answers ]

What would cause a 3/4" brass ball valve on main (shut off) water line in a house to vibrate (loud noise) when water is running at any faucet in the house? The house is plumbed with ridged copper and is about 5 years old.

I'd like to install a ball valve on main water line will a "Viperlok" valve work? [ 1 Answers ]

I know sweat soldering a ball valve is best, but will a "push-ft" compression "Viperlok" brand ball valve work?---My pipes are old copper, and have a few minor scratches and pits---I also noticed a seam running down one side of pipe. This water line runs out into garden, but valve is in the house....

Can I solder outlet side of a ball valve if the valve is closed and under pressure? [ 0 Answers ]

Can I solder outlet side of a ball valve if the valve is closed and under pressure?

Water Pressure Valve and Ball Valve [ 1 Answers ]

My plumber told me my water pressure is too high and is ruining my fixtures. Apparently my house is old and does not have these. Is installing these valves something I can do myself? The plumber wants to charge me $500.00. If so, where can I get directions? Help.

View more questions Search