Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    passmeby Posts: 473, Reputation: 11

Jun 1, 2008, 01:02 PM
    What does a meth lab smell like?
    Out of curiosity, what does a meth lab smell like? Lately around my neighborhood, I have noticed strong smells that have not been present before. A strong cat urine smell and at times a sewage-type smell. I mean, it smells so bad of cat urine, as if there was a thousand cats peeing in the same place, like gallons of cat pee. It's overwhleming. We smell it whenever we walk around the block. What would be some other signs of a lab? We haven't been able to pin down exactly where the smell is originating from.
    LORRS Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2008, 03:27 PM
    Sorry no idea but if you were to pop into your local police office and say to them that about the strange smell and contact council about poss drain problems they could look into it for you.

Hope it gets sorted for you
    Lorrs
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 2, 2008, 04:17 PM
    Yes that could be the smell
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Jun 3, 2008, 02:00 AM
    Also, if you suspect a lab, it would be highly prudent to not go snooping around trying to locate it yourself. The fumes are highly toxic and the owners could prevent you from leaving.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 3, 2008, 05:13 AM
    Yes, meth labs theirself are dangerous, and the people who run them even more. If you just think there is on, report it.
    passmeby Posts: 473, Reputation: 11

Jun 4, 2008, 07:20 AM
    Well, I wasn't planning on going all Scooby Doo on it, I just wanted to know if a meth lab was a possibility.
    Jackie D Star Posts: 72, Reputation: 2

Jun 21, 2008, 12:49 AM
    Mayb som1 can't find the toilet.
    blackblue Posts: 145, Reputation: 8

Jul 13, 2008, 03:43 PM
    Meth labs can be dangerous, cooks and users can be even more dangerous.

If you do suspect something going on, discreetly call up your local police station via none emergency contact, and ask them to take a stroll around the neighborhood to check it out.
    DavidJMarsh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2011, 04:44 AM
    A meth lab usually smells like dead animal or rotten eggs.
    trulytrying Posts: 122, Reputation: 6

Sep 3, 2011, 06:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by passmeby View Post
    Well, I wasn't planning on going all Scooby Doo on it, I just wanted to know if a meth lab was a possibility.
    That was funny! :D Going all "Scooby Doo"!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to tell if someone is using meth. [ 17 Answers ]

Meth. Is not something I've ever experimented with. I see the effects it has on people but none of those through close friendships. I suspect my boyfriend is using something I think meth. We have been together 5 years and have 2 kids. He has always been a bit moody and sleep always been an issue....

Son was a meth user [ 10 Answers ]

I'll try to make this as short as I can... I put my life on hold and moved back home to take care of my mother after my father died. I was in my early 50's. I'm now almost 60. I then moved in with my son because he couldn't pay his bills and wouldn't get out of bed, I took over the house, bought...

I think my husband is on meth [ 26 Answers ]

Here are the symptoms Erratic behavior,wears sun-glasses all the time-even indoors,he seems to have aged decades,hair long and unkempt,teeth discolored,weightloss of fifty pounds or more in a few months,sometimes he seems paranoid,anger outbursts,cut himself off his family,new and strange friends...

Could my apartment be a *old meth lab* [ 3 Answers ]

hello. I been living in this apartment for 4 months. for 4 months I have been having small chest pain on the right under my breast but it subsided after about 2 months of living here I still kind of have it but I never really notice it anymore. When I wake up in the morning I always cough and...

View more questions Search