Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cfc_0888 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2009, 11:33 AM
    Heat Transfer
    Any help will be appreciated,

In an experiment to determine the rate at which heat is extracted from a hot material, 305 g of the material at 90 °C is put into a 50 mm diameter copper vessel to a depth of 90 mm as shown below. The hot material and calorimeter are placed in a container holding 189 g of cold water at 22.7 °C. The temperature of the water is then measured every 30 seconds for 3minutes. The average temperature rise per second is calculated as 0.0065 ± 0.0005 °C/sec.
    From the data provided, determine the average heat power ( in kW ) transferred to the water.

Check out some similar questions!

Silicon heat transfer grease [ 6 Answers ]

I'm installing a engine block heater into a Toyota Prius. I need to get some silicon heat transfer grease, but everything I find is geared towards electronics. Does anyone know what I could use for an engine block heater installation? Thanks

Unit conversion of specific heat to heat transfer coefficient (U factor) [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know the conversion of "Specific Heat"(KJ/Kg/K) to "Overall Heat Transfer Coefficient"(W/m2/K) for the calculation of heat load. Looking forward for the answers. Immediate reply would be appreciated. Thanks, Rupesh

Heat transfer [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to install a geothermal heat pump system. My house sits upon granite rock. If I have a vertical hole drilled 150 - 450 feet down, would there be any pros or cons to drilling in rock versus soil base for thermal release to heat pump system? In other words, would the system work better...

Heat Transfer - Physics [ 2 Answers ]

a .500kg sample of water is at 15 degrees C in a calorimeter. A .0400kg mass of zinc at 115 degrees C is placed in the water. What is the final temp of the system if specific heat of zinc is 388J/kg/C and the specific heat of water is 4184J/kg/C? This was the exact question goven to me I think...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.