Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jblomgren Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2003, 04:11 PM
    Cloudy spots on my dogs eye
    I have a very healthy 5 year old male boxer mix. About 4 months ago I noticed a small cloudy spot on on his right eye. We immediately took him to the vet. They stated that it was not ulcers, glacoma, or cataracs, but a mineral deposit. They suggested changing his food and checking the eye regularly. It has been 4 months and the spot has doubled in size and a spot is starting to develop in the left eye as well. The vet doesn't seem to have any better answers for me at this time. Is there anything that can be done to cure this or prevent the situation from getting worse??
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Aug 29, 2003, 04:57 PM
    This sounds like cataracts to me. Perhaps you need a second opinion. Maybe even a casual check with a vet at some of the larger pet stores. It certainly sounds time for stronger action.
    EVS Posts: 93, Reputation: 3

Feb 16, 2004, 06:41 AM
    I would agree with some of the answers, that it could be cataracs, however it could also be a fly that lays its eggs on the animals eyes and could it cause blindness if left untreated.
    cornell01 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2008, 05:04 PM
    We recently acquired an aussie pup and he now has a white spot on his iris. It is highly probable that it is the result of the pigment change from puppy to adult. This is common if the parents had merle coloring.

Try this site for more info... Aussie Eye Color and Eyeshine
    Good luick
    Crayonsetc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2008, 08:13 PM
    I have a 4 year old German/Australian Shepherd mix and she is having the same problem. I noticed the spot on her right eye about week ago, and tonight I noticed that it is now in her left eye. I am wanting to take her to the vet tomorrow, dh wants to wait a few days since the right eye seems to have improved.

Did you ever find anything out??

Thanks,
    Les
    (mom to Kyra... my 4 yr old big baby :))

Apr 19, 2008, 01:34 PM
    Our pup has white pigment in the eye. It is common and not a problem. The first vet that saw our dog suggested tests that indicated that he believed that the problems were external. He was wrong. You indicate that you recently saw the cloudiness and my experience is limited to it being congential.

Apr 19, 2008, 02:14 PM
    Our pup has white pigment in the eye. It is common and not a problem. The first vet that saw our dog suggested tests that indicated that he believed that the problems were external. He was wrong. You indicate that you recently saw the cloudiness and my experience is limited to it being congential.
    Daiseymae Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2009, 07:48 AM
    I have a Spaniel - has a cloudy spot in each eye - she is very healthy. Vet says it is a protein deposit - not cataracts. Her vision seems to be fine

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Spots [ 3 Answers ]

I had a spot near my vagina, a big spot with a white head. :confused: It happened twice to me, in a space of a year. It hurt and was uncomfortable when I walked. It sounds disgusting I know, but how and what makes a spot with a white head appear down there? Im clean and wash every day, and...

? Spots on arm [ 1 Answers ]

Ever since childhood I have had small spots on my upper arms, which produce a hard white substance when pressure is applied. I have tried every possible 'cure', including drinking lots of water, exfoliating daily, not moisturising, different kinds of moisturiser... I have been told in the past...

Red spots [ 1 Answers ]

I have red sopts around my ankles from flea bites, how do I reduce the redness of them

Red Spots [ 1 Answers ]

Yesterday I noticed that I have a bunch of red spots covering my entire body. They almost look like small pipples but the are not white heads, just small and read. They don't look anything like chickenpox? Could this occur from something I ate having an allergic reaction? They don't itch really...

Cloudy Fish Bowl [ 5 Answers ]

We just got two fish and put them into a fish bowl yesterday (I don't know what kind of fish they are, put was told they do well in a bowl). This morning the water in the bowl is quite cloudy. What do I do?

View more questions Search