Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wantinwidower Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2006, 09:16 PM
    Brand new dell gx520
    Fresh out of the box(es).. all connections good.. even went inside... Computer has flashing yellow light.. monitor has flashing yellow light.. stuck in power saving mode.. no key, nor switch, nor mouse movement gets it out of power save mode. Is something broken? Thanks
    StuMegu Posts: 576, Reputation: 64

Jul 23, 2006, 03:09 AM
    Re-check the monitor lead to the computer. Pull the power lead out of the computer for 5 minutes. Re connect power lead (check next to where it plugs in for an on/off switch, and turn back on. Your monitor is obviously fine as you can see the power saving mode, this happens when no signal is coming from the computer.

One other thought, is there more than one monitor connector on the PC? If so try the other one.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2006, 03:42 AM
    It's brand new so you should call Dell support immediately in case some parts are DOA.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2006, 06:45 AM
    Hi,
    Be sure all your connections are correct. Some of the monitor connections are different, depending on the monitor, and possibly needing an "adapter" that would be supplied in one of the boxes.
    If all else fails, then call Dell.
    Best of luck.
    wantinwidower Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2006, 06:11 AM
    I apologise for not getting back sooner... thanks one and all... it turns out to be the power supply is DOA.. new one on order... thank you all.. again

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What brand air conditioner is the best [ 1 Answers ]

I am considering buying a new air conditioner unit for my house. The current one is at least 13 years old and keeps giving me problems. Which brand is the best?

Where shall I buy online and what brand [ 7 Answers ]

Its very interesting I have been using an automatic Nikon D-200 camera, that I purchased online from Microglobe- retailer of photographic equipment in London UK, result is excellent, but someone advised me to check manual one, and it would return you better result than automatic, I am confused, is...

Dell all In One [ 1 Answers ]

Hiya All Wonder if anyone can help please. Dell 810 all in one on offer in UK, £21.70 (38USD) Has anyone used one or heard of them regarding print quality, photo printing etc. carts seem about average cost, £14, one cart printer. Thanks DavidB. ...

Just mad at Dell [ 3 Answers ]

Not really anything anyone can do, but I am just so mad. Dell was suppose to have someone to my office yesterday, well they called, couldnot make it to last night, they would come to my house. Then they called, could not make it, they would be at my office this morning. Now they called...

View more questions Search