Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dmlizzy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2006, 08:48 AM
    Ball missing in sewer drain to prevent back flow
    Is there any way to replace the missing ball in my basement floor drain without completely removing the existing pipe and concrete floor? The drain has backed up a few times but nothing major; a partial clog has been removed. I would like to replace the ball before anything serious happens. Thanks!
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 8, 2006, 09:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dmlizzy
    Is there any way to replace the missing ball in my basement floor drain without completely removing the existing pipe and concrete floor? The drain has backed up a few times but nothing major; a partial clog has been removed. I would like to replace the ball before anything serious happens. Thanks!
    I can't locate any replacement balls on the net. Your best bet would be to get the name of the manufacture off the floor drain and contact him. Either that or replace the floor drain with a flap type floor drain and backflow preventer. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New washing machine causing sewer back up? [ 8 Answers ]

Just under a month ago, my Mom and step-father gifted us with a new washer and dryer. The washer we had was approximately 13-14 years old, and while working mostly fine, I think was probably on it's last legs. While using the old washer, we would (for the last several months) have to shut it...

Gurgling in the shower drain and sewer smell [ 2 Answers ]

We moved into a 100 year old farm house about 8 months ago. The plumbing was replaced in the 80's. We are learning the ins and outs of the house. About 2 weeks ago we started hearing a gurgling sound in the shower drain in the upstairs bathroom when we flushed the toilet. Now we are smelling a...

Do washer drain pipes need a sewer trap? [ 1 Answers ]

My hubby has moved our washer and dryer and it works - mostly. We have some soapy foam coming out of the top of the drain pipe. He raised the pipe and we have less, but still some soapy foam. I wish I had checked your forum earlier as I've learned that washers drain with a lot of pressure. ...

Sewer Drain Location in New Construction [ 5 Answers ]

Does anyone know about any rules regarding the location of the sewer drain location. For instance, min distance from a window, etc. Thanks, Peter

Water Heater... is There A Blow Back Valve To Prevent The Tank From Going Dry And [ 8 Answers ]

Damage will result if element comes on when tank is dry in a water heater. I live in a community where the water is constantly being shut off and the element burns out. Is there a type off blow back valve that can be installed to prevent the tank from going dry.

View more questions Search