Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Capt Bluebird Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2007, 03:28 PM
    Lawn Mower Starts, Then Quits
    My lawn mower, after sitting all winter, starts up, runs for a minute but then quits. Could it be lack of oil?
    Morrowrj Posts: 345, Reputation: 22

Apr 11, 2007, 03:37 PM
    More than likely a plugged fuel system. Did you change out your gas? Check your fuel filter if equipped, after these things, it may be necessary to clean out your carb.

Good Luck,
    Morrowrj

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mower Starts but shuts off in grass [ 3 Answers ]

My Craftsman push mower stopped mid yard and now it won't cut the grass. I tried some basic maintenance to get it going again. I topped off the oil and gas, cleaned the air filter, cleaned the under carriage, and raised the wheels. I checked the blade and it looks fine. I can't think of what to...

MTD mower starts great and then shuts off [ 1 Answers ]

My riding mower starts up great and then shuts off after 30 seconds the fuel is running through the line fine The problem started while I was mowing and now I can't use it What might the problem be and what parts do I need to fix it

Snapper Mower, riding, B&Stranton 9hp Starts, runs, dies... [ 2 Answers ]

So I was feeling pretty snappy from having got my mom's push mower running. She had put a new spark plug in, I gapped it, and drained fuel, took of round thingy with a float in it and washed a screw with hole (in gas). She is mowing with it now! Great... But her riding mower, snapper, with 9...

Troy-Bilt riding mower quits [ 2 Answers ]

My 1997 troy-bilt mower quits running when I disengage the break and/or engage the mower. I've been told it was a safety switch. Any tips..

View more questions Search