Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    daytona Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2006, 07:36 PM
    Trane wiring for model tck030A100AB
    Hi, thanks for any help someone may give me for this wiring situation for my air unit,I bought a house in fl and replaced my air unit with the model above and I bought a digital thermostat to connect the new unit,problem is the old unit was connected with a separate gas heater(that I discarded ) so if anyone can help I need to know what the 5 wires in the new unit represent from there I can figure how to conect to the thermostate ,the 5 wires are... red/yello/brown/black/blue... if I know what the wires represent I can then hook them correctly to the thermostat... thanks for any help... maybe I can be of help to you as I work in the aluminum screen room ,carports etc if I can be of help I will !
    Paul
    daytona Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2006, 07:44 PM
    Ps my addy is... [email protected]...
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jan 26, 2006, 08:00 PM
    This is the way a conventional system is wired up.

Usually there is a 24 volt AC transformer in the furnace with the secondary winding connected to a red wire running to the thermostat and a blue wire, common, to the gas valve, A/C relay, and fan relay. From the thermostat there will be white wire to the gas valve, yellow to the A/C, and green to the fan. The thermostat is wired to switch the power from the red to the white, yellow, and green as needed with the blue completing the circuit. Most thermostats and furnaces have the contacts labeled R, B or C, W, Y, and G for the corresponding wire colors. It may be wired to have the A/C control wires return to the furnace and its controls and then a second wire goes to the A/C unit. Internal wiring may replace the green wire if the thermostat does not give you the option of fan only or continuous fan. Digital or programmable thermostats may need the blue wire connected to them.

In addition to a signal to start up for heat usually the W terminal, the heat pump needs a signal to switch the valves to switch the modes. You need to go to the unit and see what the black, brown, and blue connect to. You may need to find some instructions for both the thermostat and the Trane unit. Bought new, you should have instructions. Not all thermostats can be used with heat pumps.

You may find a place here. We have a good electrician or 2 and a great plumber. I have a great background in dogs, but most of the home maintenance and construction, as you can see, we could use a good man. I do fairly well on conventional systems, but struggle with heat pumps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trane Variable speed w/hot water coil/Ac wiring ? [ 3 Answers ]

I've read many of the previous questions/answers, but haven't found what I need. Low voltage wiring is not my strong suit. My AHU has a hot water coil in it, that I plan to heat with a Voyager water heater. It has an A/C coil, and that works fine. Previous answers have said that I should find a...

Trane 500 AC [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I have a 10 year old central AC and it started to do this split second double start, then it runs just fine cooling the house. What do you think it is? Mike

Wiring Diagrams Nissan Primera 2000 model [ 1 Answers ]

I am seeking a wiring diagram for a nissan premira 2000 model to be used in the installation of a viper 750 alarm system. Any assiatance will be much appreciated. Regards endeavourboy

Wiring Diagrams Nissan Primera 2000 model [ 0 Answers ]

I am seeking a wiring diagram for a nissan premira 2000 model to be used in the insatallation of a viper 750 alarm system. Any assiatance will be much appreciated. endeavourboy

View more questions Search