Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sameer Ansari Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2017, 10:25 AM
    I live my dream life or my family's dream life?
    My dream is to be an famous online personality and to live my dream luxury life and my family wants me to study engineering but unfortunately I am not getting whether to live my life or according to my family's life. Help me out please .
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 19, 2017, 10:56 AM
    Why can't you do both? Consider whose paying for this dream life style you want, and who will support you until you achieve it? I fail to see how studying engineering stops you from being an online personality.

I guy has to eat after all until his dreams come true.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Jan 19, 2017, 11:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sameer Ansari View Post
    My dream is to be an famous online personality and to live my dream luxury life and my family wants me to study engineering but unfortunately I am not getting whether to live my life or according to my family's life. Help me out please .
    The harsh reality is that you will probably succeed better at being an engineer then as a online personality.

If it is something you want pursue then do it. You need to look at this objectively though. The life of an online personality is a hard one to achieve, akin to being a famous actor, and it has take people a lot of time, effort, and money to get where they are now. Even then it isn't a easy life.

The bottom line is to do what you want to do, but be conscious of what it will cost you and what you will benefit from it. As Tal said, you might be able to pursue both if you budget your time well.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jan 19, 2017, 12:47 PM
    I agree with the others... Engineering degree will give you a decent paying job to pay your bills. However a dream of being a famous online Personality is nothing more than a wild dream very, very few could ever achieve.

It would be foolish to sit around waiting to win a huge Lottery because its your dream... and you might actually have better odd of achieving that, than becoming a famous Online Personality.

Get something that WILL pay your bills, put a roof over your head and feed you FIRST, then you can pursue the other as a hobby. At least you have a job if and when that fails... but in the remote chance you succeed you could THEN do that. But even fewer of those that do achieve it at some point, last very long....most of the rest that get just enough fame for SOME others to have heard of them, WILL struggle to make it month to month with unsteady, unreliable income.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 19, 2017, 12:51 PM
    I have seen total idiots become Facebook famous. All they do is copy sayings on pretty backgrounds from other sites, and maybe use a meme generator to do a few of their own.
    They can make money from the ads people click on, on the side of their page.
    Some give themselves a guru sounding name.
    Better start now. Lots of competition.
    UGH!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What if life is really a dream? [ 11 Answers ]

I was wondering, what if life was really just a dream? You are another person, but then you went to sleep, your current self was born, as the start of your dream. Then as life goes on, you dream. When it is time for you to die, you die, then the real you wakes up. The real you then spends...

Recurring dream about life and death [ 5 Answers ]

I have had a dream a couple times about the rebirth of my stepmom. In the dream, we were told she has passed, went through the entire funeral process including burial. Weeks or months later, she is alive and returns to the family. I was the person who signed off on her life support, but had...

Never sleep late to dream, the dream. Always wake up early to live the dream. [ 0 Answers ]

I wanted to know who said or wrote the saying? Never sleep later to dream, the dream. Always wake up early to live the dream. Or, Idon't sleep late to dream, the dream. I wake up live the dream.

Crazy Dream: Need Interpetation: Spirit present in dream [ 11 Answers ]

This is a long and strange dream so be patient but, I guarantee you'll have fun with it. This dream has several movements so bare with me, they all came in succession. Phase 1- I'm the son of a wealthy arab woman. She dotes on my quite heavily, seems I'm her favorite son. In a few days, I'm to...

View more questions Search