J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 20, 2015, 06:45 AM
    Nope.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Mar 20, 2015, 06:49 AM
    You mean "presumed".

The maxim is often correct, but sometimes not. Why?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 20, 2015, 07:18 AM
    Cops and judges will always say "Ignorance of the law is no excuse", right before they give you a ticket, or put you in jail.

Ignorance of the Law Is No Excuse - Reason.com

Ignorantia juris non excusat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So what's your story?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bankruptcy Law/Contract Law/Property Law/Landlord Tenant Law [ 15 Answers ]

Quick question. If a company leases a section of my rooftop to place a telephone antenna but later files for bankruptcy and get it, what are my rights? They are no longer paying me rent, but their system is still on my roof. Can I keep the antenna? Can I get rid of it? Please explain. Thanks.

How does public health law fit into the realm of general administrative agency law? [ 3 Answers ]

How does public health law fit into the realm of general administrative agency law?

What are the conflicts between customary law and common law ways of land acquisition [ 2 Answers ]

What are the problems that arise because land in the Republic of South Africa can now be freely acquired by the public through both customary Law and common Law?

Are deleted emails saved by email companies for law enforcement or civil law [ 5 Answers ]

I heard that Google keeps your searches (by IP address) for six months or more, Microsoft a year and a half! So I got to thinking about emails. Text is trivially small to store and never delete. And with memory only becoming cheaper and more expansive, the downside for keeping information will...

View more questions Search