Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hazel93 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2011, 10:51 AM
    Whers my 401k
    I used to work for laid law bus company back in1999 but never got information on where my money they were sending my money they wre taking out of my check every week was I quit my job and never heard any thing since about any 401k money
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 14, 2011, 11:34 AM

Punctuation... PLEASE. Capital letters too. Its next to impossible to read without them.

So, call them up, your old employer. The 401K plan sends you quarterly statements too. THey have contact information on them.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Mar 14, 2011, 02:01 PM

hazel93: you need to find out who the 401(k) plan administrator is. That's the company that administers the funds on behalf of Laidlaw's employees. As Smoothy suggests, start by calling the HR department at Laidlaw and ask about it - have them tell you how to contact the 401(k) plan administartor . However, if you worked at Laidlaw for only one year then it's possible that they distributed the funds to you a couple of months after you left. Most companies will not continue to maintain 401(k) acounts for ex-employees who have less than $5000 in their accounts, so if the amount that you had invested was less than that they may have sent you a check for it back in 2000 or 2001. When you contact the plan administartor they should be able to look up your history to see if this is what happened.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I work tax exempt. 401k or roth 401k [ 4 Answers ]

I am a US citizen and work overseas. I have the tax exempt status up to $85,000. This being said, should I invest in a 401k(which is before taxes) or a Roth 401K since I really don't have to pay taxes on the income I have. Regards, Garf

Is there an example of a 401K waiver that is read to 401K plan participants [ 0 Answers ]

Is there an example of a 401K waiver that is read to 401k plan participants, when they are processing a distribution from their plan with the recordkeeper over the phone.

401k loan and pulling momey out of a 401k to pay the loan off [ 2 Answers ]

I have just turned 591/2 and have a 5,000 dollar loan from my 401k... can I withdraw monies to pay this loan off... and how much will I be taxed if I do? Mickey Huddleston

401K or Roth 401K [ 3 Answers ]

Hai, I am an Indian, presently working for a USA company. I will be in US for next 2-3 years and then I will return back to my country. My employer gave the option to enroll for 401K plan or Roth 401k or a combination of both. And the employer matches my contribution at the rate of 50cents on a...

View more questions Search