Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Socks Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2009, 11:04 AM
    A Renaissance Revival
    I've observed a couple of threads, regarding a Renaissance revival of sorts. Instead of the United States, I think this should be a global issue. Modern society has been overcome by worrying which alternative process is more expedient than another... Art has grown into a stereotype of hobbyists and a subject of come-and-go.

"Look, Mom, Look what I did" "Oh, That's nice"

This seems to be the case for most emotional expressions. The Industrial Revolution has crushed and limited our "hopes and dreams", and before not too long, the Information Age will soon deprive us even further. I believe, sooner or later, we will turn into "mindless zombies".
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jan 4, 2009, 11:12 AM

I agree that much of what is going on today is turning people into mindless zombies but I don't get what you are saying with the Renaissance revival and how it connects. Can you give some examples? I believe it is because the extremists get the publicity while a lot of great artists go completely unknown.

There is so much great art on the internet that otherwise would not be ever seen by many so I believe the information age is good to a degree. Like deviantART: where ART meets application! and Shadowness - Portfolio Community are great sites for artists.
    My daughter is a really good artist too Picasa Web Albums - Michele - Michele's "ar...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Old book revival [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a very old book, dated 1931 year, which is falling apart, I want to revive and ensure that the book is rejuvenated, can u pl help viswanath, india, bangalore

Who sings "We need a revival"? [ 1 Answers ]

Who sings "We need a revival"?

Renaissance Fair Project ! [ 3 Answers ]

I have this big project where I have to do 2 big projects. These projects are worth at least 20% of our final marks in English and Social Studies. One is supposed to be on Renaissance Entertainment (Fashion, plays (Shakespeare), food, etc), while the other one is supposed to be on witchcraft,...

View more questions Search