Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    slicata Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2008, 09:12 AM
    My dog ate my moms xanax
    My mom had broken her xanax in half and I think my dog ate it. My dog always sleeos so she is acting normal but, should I be worried it was a half of the low dose which is small, I can't really afford a vet bill now, but I do not want my dog to die, she's acting normal relaxed and happy.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 19, 2008, 09:27 AM

First this is going to sound really mean, if you can't afford a vet bill you can't afford and don't need a pet.

With that said, without knowing the size of the doze, and the size ( pounds) of the dog.

A little dog of 3 pounds or a large dog of 60 lbs it makes a differnce.

Also how long ago was this,
    mishelly3 Posts: 300, Reputation: 16

Oct 19, 2008, 09:13 PM

Listen. If you love your dog call a vet and see what he says.. It doesn't matter how much it really costs does it. I mean that's why we make payments and mosts vets are pretty cool about that... So call for your dog sake don't wait till it could possibly be to late and for future reference please make sure all pills are away from dogs...
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2008, 03:08 AM

Call poison control. I know there is a poison control for vets, but I don't know the #. Call you vet.
    rnbows81 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2010, 11:17 PM
    My puppy pug *Star* 5 months old 8lbs ate on off the floor blue pill 1mg. Very active and quick! I was worried so bad and thank god she was okay. I couldn't afford a vet bill just then either. We looked it up online and took different precautions from a few websites online and it helped me cope and her recover.
    1. watch their every move! Make sure they are trying to be active. They will be very weak and wobbly but still want to move around and play!
    2. Feed him or her something heavy, I gave my dog cooked hamburger meat! Helps absorb the pill and diluted it some
    3. Give a lot of water, oh they will drink it... my dog was falling in it, but she was sooo thirsty
    4. keep up and moving, fresh air, talk and play. Helps it ware off quicker
    5. Animal control told me .05 ounces of the pill to every lbs. of her body weight will not kill her
    6. You will see it ware off! They will become a little drowsy and want to sleep, if you notice they are gaining strength back let him or her sleep they will crash hard or be over tired depending on their normal personality. Check breathing, it will be heavy but their heart rate will not be, should be normal!

Last but not least! If your dogs weight matches the size of the dose (.05 ounces of the pill to every lbs. of her body weight)
    Don't worry your puppy will be fine it will ware off. Just make sure of the exact weight, milligram of the pill, and they are conscious/active.
    I really hope this helps
    Ivan Evans Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2012, 05:54 PM
    Some of you are a little brainwashed by this need for a Vet. Simply put, most Veterinarians are thieves who exploit our love of our pets. Why is it that we can treat most human issues with over-the-counter meds but we must run to a Vet for everything with our pets? It's exploitative nonsense. The animal usually spends more time recovering from the high anxiety of car travel to the Vet and the noisy raucous atmosphere of their barely humane kennel. Most times the Vet is guessing at even reading blood work results. I've taken my cat to three vets for the same ailments and got three varying contradictory diagnostic results. And then there's the bill that is out and out robbery.
    allenalb Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2012, 09:17 PM
    Vets actually prescribe low doses of Xanax to both dogs and cats all the time for separation anxiety and fear of thunderstorms.
    chrissympw Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2013, 11:24 AM
    That is what my dog is getting Xanax for thunderstorms in fact we have a warning for thunderstorms so she will be getting her pill in just a little while.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How long does xanax stay in your urine? [ 27 Answers ]

How long does xanax stay in your urine, and how long does it stay in your blood? Thanks

Placebo that looks like xanax [ 1 Answers ]

Could someone tell me a vitamin or herb that looks like xanax. A male friend of mine has cancer already has had surgery and he is worried all the time he is wanting more than is allowed just too soon.we thought if we could find something harmless and looked like what he is taking which is blue and...

Are xanax and oxycotin screen the same on a UA? [ 2 Answers ]

:eek: Do xanax and oxycotin screen for or in the same characteristics in a UA?

Are xanax and oxycotin screen the same on a UA? [ 1 Answers ]

:eek: Are xanax and oxycotin screen the same characteristics in a UA?

Xanax detection [ 1 Answers ]

How long will xanax be detectable via ua?

View more questions Search