Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    djle Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2008, 06:54 PM
    Baby Shower Etiquette
    My daughter gave a baby shower with the mother of the friend who is expecting. She provided most of the food, and there was a great deal left over. To whom should that left over food go to? Would it be proper to give some to the expectant mother and for the hostess to take some of it home too?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 23, 2008, 08:18 PM
    Personally I think that everyone should take a plate home, after all the food was bought in order to be consumed at the party, let everyone take some home. Just my opinion.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 23, 2008, 08:37 PM
    Ok, not much on baby showers, but assuming they work like other similar types of events, I would agree, everyone that wanted a plate to take one,

After that yes, the mother to be, and the hostess.

In the end, no one should even get upset or worried about it.
    Becca1025 Posts: 422, Reputation: 45

May 24, 2008, 01:37 PM
    My mom threw my baby shower back in November. We're half spanish and half italian, so we always make plenty of food plus a crap load more. We gave some to people who wanted any. We still had enough left for a week for us and then I ended up throwing some away even!
    MsMewiththat Posts: 854, Reputation: 136

May 26, 2008, 04:45 PM
    Agreed, who ever wants to take some take it. Generally speaking it would be the up to the hostess to open the invitation to the guests to take some home. I usually hold a party and send it all home with my guests. Whatever is left over is fine, but please take it. Also the other option would be if it is food that was brought in (potluck) send it home with whomever brought the dishes or leave it for the hostess.
    lorraineh Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2008, 10:13 PM
    I agree. Let those who are interested take a plate home. Let everyone know that there is plenty and to please feel free to take some. After that is all said and done. The food can be divied up for the remainder of the guests or hostesses. I love taking home the sweets.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bridal shower thank you etiquette [ 4 Answers ]

Should the mother of the bride write thank you notes to the hostess of her daughter's bridal showers? >Moved from Forum Help<

Is my baby shower my business? [ 5 Answers ]

I was hoping for quick advice on this problem. My mother and best friends have decided to throw a baby shower for me. Very early on, they asked for my requests if any on planning the shower ( cake, decorations, theme, location,etc). I explained I would not like any planning done until I feel...

I want to have a Diaper Shower and a regular Baby Shower! [ 4 Answers ]

I want to know what exactly is a Diaper Shower? Have you ever had one or been to one? What kinds of gifts to you bring? (only diaper-related things?)

Baby Shower- need help [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a baby shower to go to for my sister in law tomorrow, it's a surprise one that my mother in law and her sisters from 3 hours away are driving down to throw it for her. My problem is that I don't want to go because they never threw a shower for me 2 years ago with my daughter, which I...

View more questions Search