Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yunior85 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2006, 08:42 AM
    Pregnant or not
    Hi I am a guy. I hope me being a guy doesn't bother anyone.
    I need someone's help. My girlfriend is taking yasmin birth control pills. She told me she hasn't miss any pill. But last month October she didn't get her period. This month November 28th she was suppose to get it but nothing. I am worried I don't know what's wrong. Last month she took a home pregnancy test two weeks after she miss the period and came out negative, then the week after she took another in the morning first time to urinate and was also negative. Im already worried. She is having some headaches and lower back pains. But that's about it. I don't know if those are pregnancy sings. I also want to know if her still taking the pills may affect the pregnancy test results.
    Please any one answer me as soon as possible.
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Nov 29, 2006, 08:56 AM
    You seem genuinly concerned. Tell her about it, suggest you go with her to a doctor.
    PITTBOSS Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2006, 09:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by yunior85
    Hi i am a guy. i hope me being a guy doesnt bother anyone.
    I need someones help. My girlfriend is taking yasmin birth control pills. She told me she hasnt miss any pill. but last month october she didnt get her period. this month november 28th she was suppose to get it but nothing. I am worried i dont know whats wrong. Last month she took a home pregnancy test two weeks after she miss the period and came out negative, then the week after she took another in the morning first time to urinate and was also negative. Im already worried. she is having some headaches and lower back pains. but thats about it. I dont know if those are pregnancy sings. I also want to know if her still taking the pills may affect the pregnancy test results.
    I think any girl who has missed two periods would go see a doctor. GO SEE A DOCTOR AND HAVE A TEST DONE!
    Tuscany Posts: 1,049, Reputation: 229
    Ultra Member

Nov 29, 2006, 09:26 AM
    I applaud you for being so concerned. Depending on her age she might not have regular periods yet. However, missing 2 in a row is cause for alarm, pregnant or not. She needs to see a doctor.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 29, 2006, 01:36 PM
    Sounds like you are a great boyfriend, showing your concern and all.

It is possible to get pregnant while on the pill, I did it twice and my boys are 20 and 18 now. So it is possible she is pregnant.

It is called birth control, not birth prevention. There is no 100% effective way of not getting pregnant other than not having sex at all.

I agree with the others. She needs to get in to see a doctor.
    yunior85 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2006, 01:43 PM
    Hey Everyone Thank You Very Much For Your Advice. I Just Received A Call From Her Telling Me That She Had Gotten Her Period. I Am Very Happy To Hear That New. I Just Don't Know Why That Happened. She Has Been Taking The Pills For A Year And A Half And Was Always Ontime. I Also Would Like To Know If It Is Ok Or Risky That I Ejaculate Inside Her When We Are Having Sex. Thank You For Your Adivces.
    Expert

Nov 29, 2006, 01:45 PM
    It is risky. Did you read my post? I got pregnant with my 2 oldest children while still on the pill.

Like I said, it is birth control, not birth prevention. Birth prevention would be not having sex at all.
    LUNAGODDESS Posts: 467, Reputation: 40

Nov 29, 2006, 02:25 PM
    [QUOTE=J_9] There is no 100% effective way of not getting pregnant other than not having sex at all.

There are other birth control methods most of them severe... but, back to the question [paraphrasing here]your girlfriend is having female problems... please encourage her to visit her doctor... if the information she will receive from her doctor does not make her feel better about her problem... it is time to go to another doctor... this time check with medical associations that rate the doctors performance... make an appointment and develop a relationship with this doctor... this time... please pay attention... a doctor should listen and should not dictate... there should have be an discovery of her problem doing her examination... I am sorry for the comfortable situation you and your mate are in... but, please... make an appointment or go to an emergency
    Expert

Nov 29, 2006, 03:45 PM
    While I totally agree with your post Luna, I am curious about your advice about going to the ER.

This situation does not seem to warrant a trip to the ER, unless I am missing something. ERs are terribly overcrowded these days because people who do not have PCP's (primary care physicians) go to ERs for every little thing. This costs millions of dollars each year in unnecessary trips to the emergency room. There is a reason they call it an emergency room. It is for emergencies.

Unless I totally missed something, which I have been known to do, this is not an emergency situation.
    chanele Posts: 3, Reputation: 0

Jan 18, 2007, 11:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by yunior85
    Hi i am a guy. i hope me being a guy doesnt bother anyone.
    I need someones help. My girlfriend is taking yasmin birth control pills. She told me she hasnt miss any pill. but last month october she didnt get her period. this month november 28th she was suppose to get it but nothing. I am worried i dont know whats wrong. Last month she took a home pregnancy test two weeks after she miss the period and came out negative, then the week after she took another in the morning first time to urinate and was also negative. Im already worried. she is having some headaches and lower back pains. but thats about it. I dont know if those are pregnancy sings. I also want to know if her still taking the pills may affect the pregnancy test results.
    Birth control pills can effect the pregnancy test. You might have her stop taking the pill and go to the doctor and have a blood test. I don't know if the headache or lower back pains would be a sign of pregnancy this early or not.
    Julie25 Posts: 37, Reputation: 5

Jan 19, 2007, 08:38 AM
    I know that she is not pregnant and all. I guess maybe I should post this question in a new sector... but I was curious to ask about birth controls effecting pregnancy test, as far as far as the uring pregnancy test. I was just curious to see if the possibility is high for it messing it up a or just in some cases. I messed up my pills and I wanted to take a test to make sure I wasn't pregnant. It was negative. My menstrual is due today.. So I guess I will see then.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

16 and pregnant [ 33 Answers ]

OK. I'm not sure what to do. I mean I don't even know how to tell my mom. The father knows, but I mean I know that I'm going to show soon and I'm not so sure if I want to tell her or just let her find out when I start showing... im so confused.:confused:

Trying to get pregnant [ 3 Answers ]

I want to have a baby and I am not having any luck me and my husband have been trying for 3 months I have been off the pill for almost 4 months and we have tried a few different ways and still no luck help us please I am wanting this so very bad help me

Am I pregnant [ 6 Answers ]

I got my period in sept. 1 week early, instead of my usual 28 days I got it 21 days, I am not sure when should I get it again, but I have colostrum from breast, only one though can I be pregnant, I have taken to First response tests and have came out negative, I have been eating more than usual but...

Am I pregnant? [ 5 Answers ]

Hiya can you erm help me please I had unprotected Sex on the 29th of September and I ovulated a day or two before, I should have come on my period on the 6th of Oct and since then I have missed two periods. The signs and symptoms I have been having is - Fatigue,eating a lot,frequently needing the...

Could I be pregnant? [ 1 Answers ]

My period is almost a week late which is unusual for me. I am usually 29 and 32 days between cycles. My breasts are not swollen or tender but are a little sensitive after intercourse. I had an irregular period at the beginning of February. I have taken two pregnancy tests (one before missed...

View more questions Search