Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Mar 8, 2011, 04:09 PM
    How to delete pics from Google Images
    There are pictures of me and the ex when you Google my full name... and I want those gone. How do I do this?
    Vision Expert

Mar 8, 2011, 04:10 PM

P.S. The sites that these photos were on, have been long deleted...
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2011, 04:52 PM

My guess is that you would have to find out who is hosting them and ask them to remove them.

i.e if I Google my full name ill find a picture of me from around 5 years back being hosted on a friends website, so I would have to ask him if I wanted it removed.

You mentioned that the sites they're on has deleted the pictures, what happens when you click on your picture? does it direct you to a site in particular?
    Vision Expert

Mar 8, 2011, 04:58 PM

One is on Facebook and one is Myspace. I've deleted both accounts. And the pics are still there. When you click it takes you to the site, but no profile and an error message.
    Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2011, 05:08 PM

Hmmm, I could be way off here, but it sounds like it's a cache problem (googles not yours) i.e Google is referring to its copy of the photo.

Only thing I can think of is wait a few days or so and see if it shows then :(
    Vision Expert

Mar 8, 2011, 05:15 PM

Both accounts have been deleted for over 3 months.
    Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2011, 05:25 PM

Ahh, well to be honest that's stumped me as to why theyd still be there then, sorry :(

Short of emailing Google and asking them to remove them I'm not sure how to go about removing picture from Google images

But your not alone as others have asked before :)

how do i get an image of myself removed from google images? - Web Search Help

This link seems to have some information and also to the side there is a related link about removing images from Google that were derived from Facebook.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help :(
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 8, 2011, 07:29 PM

There are old sites 10 years old and more that often come up when I goggle my info. Some from hosting sites that don't even exist any longer

Many sites, ( like the old askme.com site has some old sites saved)

So basically there is really no way to get rid of them, something for everyone to remember, any and everything you ever post online can be found, and often is never truly deleted
    Vision Expert

Mar 11, 2011, 08:27 AM

Oh goody.
    cmeeks Posts: 754, Reputation: 64

Mar 15, 2011, 08:13 AM
    Removing something from the Internet is not an easy task and in cases of popular items may be impossible. Photos, text and the like can be copied and hosted on different servers in whole or in part. To add to the frustration many social sites may keep your images and text even after you have deleted your account because they said they could in the user agreement. It is a good rule of thumb to think of anything sent to a website as being permanently available to anyone who wants it regardless of context.
    Vision Expert

Mar 15, 2011, 11:40 AM

Understandable. But posting a pic of me and my ex was a good idea when we were together (its a cute pic). But now that we are no longer together, I don't want to see it every time I Google my name and I don't want other people to see it when they Google my name.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I cannot access Google or search on Google (Only Google) [ 3 Answers ]

Google has been my default search, no problems. My browser is the latest Firefox Beta 3.5 Beta 4 file version 4.42.0.0. The issue started over two weeks ago under the Beta browser. The issue is now, I can’t use Google search or just about any site that is a Google site. I put in a search item...

I need to know if my images are OK! [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I am currently doing my junior cert art in school.we were given different themes,it took me a while to decide but I finally reached a decision and so I picked a suitcase of memories,I am very lucky and I go on a holiday abroad every summer so I woulnt be stuck for ideas but yet I couldn't seem...

View more questions Search