Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Purple heart Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2012, 09:01 AM
    What happened? Purple hull peas
    I followed instructions to a T for canning purple hull peas. Pressure cooked at 10 lbs. for 40 minutes. After about 3 or 4 days all of them are jelled like. They are still sealed I ate some and they tasted fine. They are about 3 weeks old now. I'm just wondering is this normal or not. I did some squash at the same time and the same way and they did not jell.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 5, 2012, 09:28 AM
    If they jelled, they were over-cooked a tad. I have never pressure cooked before my canning process of using jars. Did you use jars, or zip lock bags ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Liver or Peas? [ 28 Answers ]

Which one do you hate the most? I personally love liver! It's amazing but I hate peas. So which one do you hate the most and why? All ages welcome!

Canning peas [ 1 Answers ]

My pease are always mushy when I can them and the liquid is not clear as it is when you buy a can of peas. How can I make mine like store canned peas?

My blonde hair has gone silver/purple after using purple shampoo [ 8 Answers ]

Im hoping somebody can help me as I've had a bit of a hair disaster recently! Basically, my hair was fine as it was, and I hardly had any roots yet I like that feeling after you have just had your hair done, there's more life to it. As I was going out that same night I didn't have time to go to...

View more questions Search