Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pwd77 Posts: 185, Reputation: 3

Dec 11, 2006, 01:06 PM
    floor joist conflicts with lag bolt head
    I'm building a "mud room" inside our garage. The width is 5' (13' length) and the joists are 2x6 24" o.c.

I have ledger on both sides.

My issue is that in 2 places I have lag bolts at the edge of the joist, so it gets in the way of the joist and the hanger. Some options seem to be (1)move the joist off plan 1/2" (2) recess the lag bolt (3) not use a joist hanger, notch the joist, and put in a bunch of nails to hold it.

Moving the joists will not affect layout of the underlayment, and moving the bolts is not an option (they are in studs).

Any comments? I lean toward moving the joists 1/2":confused:
    skiberger Posts: 562, Reputation: 41

Dec 11, 2006, 04:01 PM
    If it won't effect anything, move the joist. ----- here's your 1/2"
    Very minor.
    pwd77 Posts: 185, Reputation: 3

Dec 11, 2006, 04:54 PM
    Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Guidelines for drilling a floor joist [ 29 Answers ]

We need to run some 12/2 Romex through the floor joists of a newly built home. Can we drill the floor joists wherever we see fit, or are there limits?

Crankshaft Pully Bolt [ 5 Answers ]

Trying to loosen the crankshaft pulley bolt on a 87 Honda accord. Can't find away to hold the pulley and turn the bolt. Any help would be appreciated.

Address Conflicts [ 27 Answers ]

Running SBS 2003 Server with 10 client machines in a domain and two laptops are in a workgroup. Laptop users having 2 NICs wired and wireless enabled and getting their IP address from Server DHCP. Problem: When the laptop user disable the Wireless NIC after sometimes again they enable...

Shower Stall bolt down Drains [ 5 Answers ]

I'm in the process of redoing my shower and have removed all the material from stud to stud and down to the subfloor. I would like to replace the shower stall drain portion that is under the subfloor without ripping out the entire subfloor to get to it. My question is, is the portion of the drain...

Foundation j bolt retrofit [ 4 Answers ]

House has never had any tie down j bolts on The mud sill. However concrete blocks are hollow and usually They fill down two blocks with mortar and place the J bolt in the wet mortar poking up through holes You bore in the mud sill. Can I cut out the face of the block on one web, Put the j...

View more questions Search