Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gtg1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2008, 01:46 PM
    Can an employee be paid regular and with a 1099 for extra work
    I have an employee is will be conducting a training class. Performing this duty is not part of her job description. Can I pay her as a 1099 employee for the "billed" amount of the training?
    MaggieMouse Posts: 226, Reputation: 8

Mar 13, 2008, 08:52 AM
    Yes.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 13, 2008, 09:14 AM
    Well I am not sure, why are they doing this training, who normally does this training.
    If he is acting within the scope of being your employee, you determine when and where, how long and what the pay is, I am not sure they are not just an employee doing additional duties.

For example it not my job or within my job to drive the semi truck, but during a strike I have had to drive the truck past the front gate because drivers would not cross the picket line.

So did they offer to provde this service as a independent contractor ?

And why would you not merely pay them their hourly rate to do this job ?
    Or do they want additional money to do it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1099 employee [ 12 Answers ]

I will be starting a part-time job doing some accounting work and the company that is hiring me said they will be giving me a 1099 form instead of w-2. I realize I have to pay taxes on my own, but I have the following questions: 1. Do I have to pay taxes quarterly? 2. Since I don't own this...

Form 1099 vs. Employee [ 5 Answers ]

I've recently started my own cleaning business and I am trying to find the best way to go about having the people that currently work for me to pay for their taxes. I just started, therefore, I do not have much work for them to do, but they have completed a couple of hours for which I paid them...

Hourly employee working 2,080 hours a year, but is getting paid for just 1,920 [ 7 Answers ]

I am paid hourly. This year, I will work 23 days in Jan. 22 days in Feb. 22 days in March, 21 days in April, 23 days inMay, 21 days in June, 22 days in July, 23 days in Aug. 20 days in Sept. 23 days in Oct. 22 days in Nov. and 20 days in Dec. I get paid on the 1st, and the 15th of each month. My...

FICA Tax must paid by employer or Employee? Is there any excemption in it? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi Experts, I am on H1B visa , working in GA. 1. does the FICA tax needs to be paid by the employer or by employee? 2. is there any exemption based on annual income? If yes what should be the yearly income to get rid of FICA tax? I am curious to know the answer for these Payroll...

Individual working as officer of company and as a regular employee [ 1 Answers ]

Corporation XYZ consists of a husband and wife who are shareholders of the corporation. They are officers of the corporation and each get paid a monthly salary for those positions. The corporation has no other employees. When the corporation gets a contract, the husband, who is the president,...

View more questions Search