Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bks1don Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2008, 12:45 AM
    How do you determine price.
    What would be a good way of determining price for a single room, an apartment, and an entire house...
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Feb 2, 2008, 02:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bks1don
    What would be a good way of determining price for a single room, an apartment, and an entire house....
    What kind of business is this in reference to?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 2, 2008, 03:41 AM
    The way to price anything is to figure your costs, factor in overhead and add what you want as profit. Then compare to what other people are charging in your market.
    bks1don Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2008, 03:41 PM
    I am trying to start a painting business and need all the tips in starting and running a successful business.. I have capital for any expense but the knowledge I s what I lack. I want it to be started as an LLC but I am wondering if I should start it and then do the LLC paper work (just in case it takes it's time to take off) or should I do the LLC paper work first.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 2, 2008, 04:17 PM
    I would suggest sba.gov and score.org as great resources for help in starting up.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Feb 3, 2008, 12:57 AM
    Thanks for the clarification bks1don as to what kind of business your question is about. One of the things that I do for a living is that I am a house painter for both interior and exterior painting.

Now, I can't really help you concerning knowledge as to how to incorporate your business, since I am not incorporated and don't really have the inside knowledge of such things. Others on this site would be much better at advising you concerning that. However, I can give you lots of advice as to how to start, run, advertise to be successful at your painting business.

Have you had any previous experience being a painter?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to determine a fair price for a business [ 3 Answers ]

My employer has offered me and my son a chance to buy her business. It's a commercial cleaning service that brings in aprox $15,500 a month. She wants payments of 7000 a month to be taken off the top of the profits. I'll be paying this for 5 years. There is no building in the sale, only...

Bidding chart or determine a price for cleaning offices? [ 9 Answers ]

I have everything else ready for my cleaning business except the major thing is... how do I determine a price for my clients. I don't know where to start first can someone please help me.

Can't Determine If There Is a Common [ 4 Answers ]

Can't determine if there is a 24vac common on my old Bryant. How do you add one ?

Determine Gender [ 1 Answers ]

I am 15 weeks pregnant. How many weeks will I have to be before the gender of my baby can be detected by ultrasound?:)

View more questions Search