Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    damdash Posts: 79, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2009, 12:48 PM
    Airbag light on
    This past week I did a heater core on my 2001 cavalier. Since the whole dash had to come out, obviously I had to take the airbags out. Upon putting it back together before installing bothe airbags I turned the ignition to make sure I didn't have any problem so I would not have to take it back aloose. After getting everything back in the light has been on since. Is there a way to get the light off without going to the dealer? From what I read so far it may be a code or something isn't hooked up but I double and triple checked and everything is hooked up.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jan 11, 2009, 01:12 PM

Try disconnecting the negative battery terminal for 15 seconds.
    damdash Posts: 79, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2009, 05:33 PM
    Since I had to go back in the dash to figure why only the heater would work I saw I didn't have the connector to the airbag on the steering wheel in all the way. Solved my problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Accident victim where airbag didn't deploy [ 11 Answers ]

My car was broadsided and was totaled about a month ago. My partner (and joint owner) was driving. The side airbag didn't deploy. Fortunately, my partner suffered only minor injuries (concussion and "traumatic cataract") - this could have been so much worse. Surgery is necessary to correct the...

1994 Mercury Grand Marquis Airbag codes [ 2 Answers ]

My 1994 Mercury Grand Marquis Airbag light is flashing in a sequense of one flash followed by five flashes. What is this telling me?

View more questions Search