Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    steweygirl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2008, 10:28 AM
    Legal Order to hold funds on joint bank account
    If I wanted to go and get another bank account somewhere, could I if there is already a legal order on my current joint bank account?

Also, if my joint bank acct that has the legal order on it is now overdrawn, if I deposit more funds will those funds be applied to the overdrawn amount or does the company who put a legal order on the funds get them?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 28, 2008, 12:40 PM
    You can open another account, at a DIFFERENT bank, but they may find that too.

If the levy didn't satisfy the judgement, then it would depend on the wording of the writ. It may cover additional deposits too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My bank put my funds on hold! [ 3 Answers ]

I live in the District of Columbia and one day, I made a cash deposit to my bank account at the teller's desk. I remember it was a Friday. The deposit being cash should have been available to me right away. Over the weekend, while checking on my account online, I saw that the money I deposited was...

Bank Account Hold [ 3 Answers ]

We have just learned that our account has a lien as of tonight we received no information in regards to a lien or have had not documentation from a law firm trying to collect a debt. We have no over draft protection and our account has been overdrawn for over 5,000.00. Is this legal and who would...

Hold on bank account [ 1 Answers ]

What exactly is a "hold" on my checking account? There is an old unpaid Dr. bill (20 yrs.) that has a "Hold" on my acct. I have written checks and they are going to bounce, I was NEVER served properly. Big Surprise! What recourse do I have?

Hold on bank account [ 2 Answers ]

I deposited my federal student loan check in my bank account and a hold was placed on the account by an unknown creditor. I never received notice. Can my federal studen loan monies be held if it is to be used for education?

Garnished bank account funds [ 3 Answers ]

I live in Texas. In 1999 I had a business that failed. One company that I owed filed a judgement. Now I have been told by my bank that my bank account funds have been garnished, from said judgement. According to Texas Law only tax levies can garnish a bank account. I have filed and signed a letter...

View more questions Search