Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    moonlake Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2007, 09:10 PM
    Black and White Movies
    I have been trying for years to find out the name of two movies. They are from the late 40's or early 50's. One was about a train wreck and the baby on the train ended up in the lake in his bassinet and an old hermit found him raised him in the woods.
    The other was about a man with two little girls and his wife had died and he was going to marry again. The woman he was going to marry was mean to the little girls. The little girls ran away in the rain and climbed into a car and fell asleep. Someone found them but the youngest one was very sick and ended up in the hospital. I have no idea who the actor and actress were in the two movies. Thanks for any help.
    [/B][/B]
    Purukivel Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2007, 09:47 PM
    Your first movie is The Enchanted Forest from 1945. I wish I had been clever enough to figure this out myself, but someone from imdb.com actually is the one who dredged up the answer for another poster. A plot summary: "A kindly old hermit who has lived in the California redwood forest for so long that he can commune with the birds and animals saves an infant after a train crash. He raises the child in the forest until the day comes when he reunites the boy with his mother and at the same time saves his beloved sylvan glade. An overlooked family gem from a minor studio."
    moonlake Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2007, 08:29 AM
    Thank you, for finding this movie . Now I wonder if it is on DVD. My grandchildren might enjoy it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Old black and white movie [ 1 Answers ]

I need to find out the name of an old black and white movie of a little girl who is evil. She ends up killing a grounds keeper and a classmate because she wanted his award?

50's black and white movie [ 1 Answers ]

What is the name of the 50's black and white movie set in the congo, and begins with the opening scene of a man riding on a bicycle and is slain by a machete wielding attacker?

Old black and white army movie [ 2 Answers ]

I don't have much info about this movie but any help would be appreciated... it is a old black and white army movie all I remember is 1 character is named pruit he and his srg. Don't like each other and end up in a knife fight in the end and pruit dies wish I could remember more

An old Black & White movie, help! [ 2 Answers ]

I watched an old B & W movie about man who played a "downtrodden" individual to find out what it was like to live such a life. It was a social experiment on his part but he was really a movie director. A lady (his co-star) bought into his plight in life, initially. She bought him some coffee...

View more questions Search