Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anon21 Posts: 34, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2013, 10:07 AM
    TAX. Serious problem please help
    Hi, I just want to ask cause I don't know what to do.
    Yesterday an unexpected money went into my account and the details was: ATO(reference#)
    It was a Tax of someone's for sure, cause I haven't lodge my tax return yet and here in Australia its usually every July-August to get your tax return.

So I was wondering if the accountant or payroll made a mistake about someone's bsb & account number.
    I know the money is not mine & I don't spend the money esp I know its someone's..
    What to do? Do I wait for someone to call me telling that they put the money into my account accidentally?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 18, 2013, 10:20 AM
    Report it to your bank immediately.

Jul 18, 2013, 08:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    Report it to your bank immediately.
    What's going to happen?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 18, 2013, 08:30 PM
    The bank should be able to track back and find out who deposited the money and then return it to them for proper deposit into the correct account.

Jul 18, 2013, 08:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    The bank should be able to track back and find out who deposited the money and then return it to them for proper deposit into the correct account.
    Can the accountant who deposit it track my account and my details? Then il give back the money, cause I wanted to call the accountant myself.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 18, 2013, 09:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by anon21 View Post
    Can the accountant who deposit it track my account and my details? Then il give back the money, cause i wanted to call the accountant myself.
    Talk with the bank. Why would you want to talk with the accountant? Anyone can deposit money into anyone's account (but not take it out).

Jul 19, 2013, 12:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Talk with the bank. Why would you want to talk with the accountant? Anyone can deposit money into anyone's account (but not take it out).
    I have already report it to the bank, & they will take an action for it. Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Partnership tax problem [ 1 Answers ]

I created an LLC in 2007. Filed IRS form 1065 in 2007, but then in 2008 and 2009 did not file. My reason for not filing, is that a 17% sub-LLC owned by us did not supply us with any formal tax information or form K-1 , since 2008, to complete our tax reports for the LLC. In 2010, we did file form...

Didn't file tax return for 2009, need help as know if it's a problem [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! Tax Question: I entered the US on an F-1 visa in May 2007, and for the years 2007 and 2008 (no employment) my University guided international students with filing the 8843 forms. I transferred to a different campus and I took a part time on campus job there for 2009. Unfortunately the new...

F1 student Tax problem [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am preparing Form 1040NR-EZ as F1 student for 2004. I am a citizen of People's Republic of China and I did not receive Form 1042S Form. I DONOT have Teaching or Research Assitantship or Fellowship or Scholarship. My position is just a wage payroll position as programmer on campus(in a...

Tax Problem: Wrong form [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a tax question. I am a student on an F1 visa here. I have filed for taxes 2 times now. My uncle basically did my taxes for me and both times he filled out the 1040 instead of 1040 NR. Just this semester I came to know about the 1040 NR thing. Can anyone tell me how to rectify this...

View more questions Search