Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sosexeemay Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2007, 03:32 AM
    Can I marry my brother in laws brother?
    Hi everyone... im so confused my sister is married with a japanese guy but before getting married his brother and I wer in love wjth each other that we want to get married but my sister and his older brother got married earlier than us.. I want to know if we still can get married even his brother and my sister are tied already?
    wendyroo2 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2007, 03:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sosexeemay
    hi everyone...im so confused my sister is married with a japanese guy but before getting married his brother and i wer inlove wjth each other that we want to get married but my sister and his older brother got married earlier than us..i want to know if we still can get married even his brother and my sister are tied already?
    I don't ssee why not there is no blood,I know a brother team who both married sisters,they are in there 80;s and the still the best of friends,if you love him and he loves you go for it,there is no blood relation,your sister will become your sister and in law,etc... go for it!! Best of luck
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Nov 22, 2007, 11:24 AM
    SO,

The only possible restriction I can think of would be a famila blood situation. Such as you and your intended are first cousins.

Other than that, welcome to the world of love and marriage. I hope you enjoy being married as much as I do.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Nov 22, 2007, 11:31 AM
    I have 2 sisters that are married to brothers, my 3rd sister was married to 1 of their brothers but they got a divorce. So yes 2 sisters can marry brothers.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 22, 2007, 11:35 AM
    There is no blood tie, so yes, you can marry him.

My mother-in-law and her older sister dated and eventually married brothers. The older sister married the older brother first, and then my mil married the younger brother.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 22, 2007, 11:56 AM
    Not even sure why this should be a worry, you want to marry the brother of your sisters husband, no relationship what so ever. This is not uncommom at all ( unless the Japanesse culture has some taboo on this.
    jann007 Posts: 10, Reputation: -2

Oct 13, 2009, 12:52 AM

HI ,
    If you both love sincerely it doesn't matter whether it is brother in law . If you both want to marry each other , you can .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Am I related to my brother-in-laws brother? [ 12 Answers ]

It's been this huge discussion lately with many many MANY different answers, and I would like to know, If my sister marries a man, am I related to him AND his siblings? I have no idea...

Brother must go! [ 9 Answers ]

My mom and dad live in Phoenix they own a house in Romeoville,Illinois.My brother lives there, they want my brother out of house he does not or has ever paid rent,he has lived there for about 5 yrs.My mom gave him 6700 to fix siding and other things,money is gone and house is missing back siding.He...

Looking for my brother [ 6 Answers ]

I am looking for Larry G. Backlund born April 1975. He is supposedly a father now I don't know if he has a boy or girl. I know his mothers name and there ssn. I am looking for him for my father. I doubt he knows that he has half siblings, a nephew, and a father that has never stopped loving...

My brother [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 15 and my brother is 20, since you have to be 18 to get the information about your parents, would my brother be able to help me get it since he is over 18?

This brother that I am suppose to marry InshaAllah [ 1 Answers ]

As'Salaamu alaikum Wa Ramatullahi Wa Barakutuh to all just wanted to say hi to everyone,Well there is this one brother that I am suppose to marry InshaAllah,this brother had serveral dreams of me... Let me start my saying that I wear Niqab Alahamduillah,he had alots of dreams where my face was not...

View more questions Search