Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    db49 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2007, 04:01 PM
    Briggs & stratton 14 hp 287707 backfires
    New key on flywheel. Has spark. New sparkplug. Carberator cleaned thoroughly. Set fuel mix needle at 1 1/2 turns out. Installed new drive and starter drive. Adjusted valves. Cleaned valves and piston face. Still backfires out filter housing and exhaust. What are some solutions?
    mrfly Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2007, 06:26 PM
    Hey everyone I've been working on moweres along time hope to help hear. Check lower end of push rods
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Oct 7, 2007, 07:33 PM
    Umm, could be the flywheel key, even though you just installed a new one, check it anyway.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

18.5 hp briggs & stratton [ 9 Answers ]

I have a 18.5 hp Briggs & Stratton model # 31P777, type # 0348-E1 that is blowing oil out of the screen on the fuel pump. It will blow out about 1 pint by the time I finish cutting my yard. Any ideas?

Briggs & stratton backfires through the carby and won't run [ 8 Answers ]

My 12.5 hp B&S willnot runafter winter it is backfireing through the Carby & air filter

Briggs & stratton 12.5 [ 8 Answers ]

My husband has an MTD with a b and s 12.5. It has run weill with some babying for a while, now. One day he was running ti and he heard a loud POP , and that was the end. It has new solenoid, starter, bettery and a few other things . The key is it is GETTING gas into the bowl, but not going ...

Briggs &stratton 15 hp. [ 1 Answers ]

The other day this engine just quit and I had no spark from the coil. It has the electronic ignition so I cleaned everything under the flywheel and put it back thinking that this must be the problem but no. There is a small wire that goes to the coil and when I pull it off it will fire. I found two...

View more questions Search